An update

I just wanted to fill in any communication gaps with this general post. So what's new with Matthew and Marissa? Marissa received her green card a few weeks ago (YAY!) and is currently looking for a job. She's already signed up to do substitute teaching here in Valpo and we should start receiving those early morning calls shortly. I'm still at Hattie Smith and looking forward to going to school next Fall. We are planning on moving back to Germany in order for me to do so. I'm applying at four different schools (for interior architecture) and they are in: Munich, Hanover, Kiel and Dusseldorf. As part of the application process I have to complete a portfolio of artwork. This along with brushing up on my German language skills has kept me/us very busy.
But where the heck is Dusseldorf? Hence the map. Marrisa's family is from around Stuttgart. Remember, Germany is about the size of Montana.

9 Comments:
man, it was awesome to see you guys this weekend!!
l.
The most perfect example of "all over the map" that I've ever seen! Ah, that sense of open-ended possibilities, what a rush. I'll be living vicariously through that, so keep the reports coming!
I like the map. You guys have got to be excited. The adventure continues for you two. So if you are in Montana, then am I in about Texas? I'm guessing so. Much love my brother
BAYERN ROCKS! STICK WTIH BAYERN! They're their own country I think
Nur eine Witze
Norden ist auch gut
mom I'd be up for having a kimball blog... I just wonder if it would only be you, me, and mike on there saying hi to each other. do you think?
Go someplace with castles nearby. I like castles. PS I've made the cheddar bread from 'the bible' about 16 times. I know there's like a million other recipes but I just can't get away from the cheese!!!!!
Love you guys and I WILL send pix of the kitchen.....maybe tonight...
We had the dinner rolls (tripled in size) as hamburger buns tonight. Yum!!!
Hey, there's Karlsruhe! See? Right.... there! But hey, Heidelberg isn't on the map, how can that be?! Warm winter greetings from about the Karlsruhe-Mannheim area on that map :)
Still have to get used to the fact that it's 8.41pm over here and 11.41am over at yours...
Forgot to say: we can expect you back in Germany next year if all goes well? Hm, I should seriously come down to the US again before that! Wish I wasn't so broke, and tuition fees are coming up next semester... Well, I'll keep an eye on this Blog to see how you're faring.
@ Marissa: congrats for that Green Card! Go for it, honey!! Am missing you lots... (even though I'm the worst ever person when it comes to sending letters, you know me)
Bear hug
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home