the new place
We are happy to be in our new apartment but oy, was it in need of some work! We're talking no: outlets, light switches, light fixtures, kitchen cabinets, heat... Apparently the people who lived here before us had lived here for 50 years or so and hadn't really updated anything during that time. In any case, we've had a slew of electricians, technicians, and so on out to get things whipped into shape. The building manager has been very coopertive about 'modernizing' the apartment so that's been really great. Lastly I'd like you to note the sofa in the living room, given to us by some friends. Yes, it is a sleeper, so next time you're in the neighborhood, you let us know, ok?

19 Comments:
P.S. our new address is:
Landsbergerstraße 59
80339, Munich
Germany
P.P.S our phone number has stayed the same.
What? Doesn't your doorbell work? I'm freezing my butt off down here! Maybe some of these cobblestones are loose. Hope that's your window! Hey, are youse guys even home? Maybe not.
Perhaps a few giant steins of German beer will improve my aim. I'll be back later. With a song on my lips, I'm sure. Turn on the toilet seat warmer in case I have to hug it later.
Congratulations on your new place. Sorry about what I'll probably do to it.
no heat?
Love the slideshow...how do you do it? You have a sophisticated yet comfortable look. I would love to sit in that sunny chair and have a chat with you.
Luv
NO lights or heat? What?? Did they use lanterns and a woodstove? I agree with everyone else- very very cool style. I love how it's simple and interesting at the same time. And the arched doorway is very nice.
Did you see the bed? It's 2 m wide! The entire bedroom was on a German Craig's list - for free.
i heart the craigslist free section.
what do you mean?
Incredible! God has provided wonderfully for you.
Marissa, back in the 60's/70's there was a very famous poster that had just four sections: the top left was "I" the top right was a drawing of a red heart, bottom left was "N" and bottom right was "Y" ... a way of saying I love New York. Chad just used the heart in the same way. :)
I'm assuming you guys did all the painting. Such sweet colors were not in vogue 50 years ago. That is just so cool that the whole bedroom set was FREE! Very 30's looking. Classy, classy. I may just rip off your picture arrangement for our office in the bedroom by the kitchen....or maybe I'll just say I was "inspired" by y'all. So happy for you.
Yes, the bedroom is originally from the 30ies. And yes, we feel blessed that we got it for free. But let me just say: It is in need of some restauration! For example, you can see greasy stains on the bed's top end (in the region where the hair probably touched the wood) from the people who used it before us (and who probably died in there). Not for the faint of heart...
I had to go back through your pics- yes, saw the greasy stain. Vintage at its best! Try Dawn extra strength. Is that a piano in the bedroom? Fantastic! Does Matthew play you lullabies until you sleep? And the giant Bureau is awesome. I like the 30's clean look- but I think Matt should paint something above the bed. I also had to laugh at the wonderfully long approach to the porcelin throne. Just needs a red carpet to be truly royal...
I had to go back through your pics- yes, saw the greasy stain. Vintage at its best! Try Dawn extra strength. Is that a piano in the bedroom? Fantastic! Does Matthew play you lullabies until you sleep? And the giant Bureau is awesome. I like the 30's clean look- but I think Matt should paint something above the bed. I also had to laugh at the wonderfully long approach to the porcelin throne. Just needs a red carpet to be truly royal...
Love the red carpet idea! Perhaps some faux-gold adornments reaching to the ceiling from the throne? Art bathrooms rock! Where better to let the muse out?
This comment has been removed by the author.
O-M-G. Faith. Matthew just talked to me yesterday about painting something onto the bed! He was thinking like a good poem or something. (please note: I did learn a huge portion of my English at the High School)
BFF- totally. Poems like totally rock. So does high school musical, strawberry ice lipgloss and my amazing veiw of the hottie in social studies. Fresh!
Guys, we still can't see videos on youtube. Is there any way you can download it on any other site. Turkey has restricted youtube. We are missing out on these videos :(
Zach
we cant see vid either! After the comments im dying to!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home