I finally have some photos of my work!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thewoodsmithe/
It only took three years.
It only took three years.
A routing point for everything Balon related. THE BALON BLOGOSPHERE!!! (or kingston, kimball, fuson, schreiner... you get the picture)
8 Comments:
Amazing stuff!
Jaw-dropping....how does a project come together? Do you meet with the group (ie. Falling Whistles) and they share their vision? Do they contribute their design ideas or do they just dump that whole part in your lap? And HOW do you make wooden letters that BEND? I would love to hear about the whole process....which of course would probably be easier when we're sitting on the porch, gazing at the mountains with something chilled in hand...right?
I concur whole heartedly with my sister! Dude, you have GOT to provide some details! Soooo many questions ...
I am impressed.
All of this stuff is much less complicated than you would imagine. Computers have allowed machinery to be able to cut out any shape you could ever want through the creation of the CNC router/laser. I could literally hand draw anything and have it either cut with a laser or router that reads a digital file in any material I want. I have contractors in my network that have all this stuff because its way too expensive for me to own (100k and up)! Some cool projects are in the pipeline but we can talk more about that when we're sitting on a porch staring into the vast. Yuncle, I really wish you and Bethrobin could do a couple of days with us:(
CNC explains some of it, but not all.
Yeah, wish the timing fit, too. Who knows what the future will bring, though.
If that is your kitchen I am going to throw myself in a lake.
**leaves to go cry in her disgusting, 70's themed, dark as a cave excuse for a kitchen**
masterful...and varied...
your work here is as diverse as your musical talent!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home