Friday, June 18, 2010

Madl!


We honestly tried to get in touch with each and every one of you but alas. Hence the post. We are having a girl! (Madl in Bavarian) We were both surprised as I was expecting a boy for some reason. In any case we are thrilled with our baby girl. Here is an ultrasound picture, no that's not butterscotch pudding.

We'll name her Zita after Marissa's Grandma.

Originally we wanted to pick a name that could be easily pronounced in both languages but Marissa really wanted to honor her Oma so we decided on Zita.
So it's pronounced TSEE-ta and not ZEE-da

You've all got 4 months to get that down :)

5 Comments:

Blogger mummers said...

Her little face is so pretty!!!!

6/18/10, 5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must add that the word "Madl" (Maid, Mädchen in other regional variations) is related to the word "maiden" in English rather than to "mad".

6/19/10, 6:05 AM  
Anonymous YuncleRick said...

Mmmm ... butterscoth pudding!
Congratulations to the both of you.

6/19/10, 7:58 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Faith and I were just wondering if you had found out!!! How exciting! I was for sure that Abi and Bethan were both going to be boys. so don't feel bad bro ;-)
I LOVE that name. Is she the grandma you are close to and talk to all the time?
How did you manage to be able to get the 3D ultrasound?

6/19/10, 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Zita and I are close.
My doctor makes everyone go to this specialist in week 21 for an organ screening. The guy was training a new nurse on the day we went, so we got to see the baby for 30 min. or so.

6/20/10, 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home