Budda Budda Birthday!!!!
Dad, I know it's early, so let's call this a preemptive strike. I am so excited that it's your birthday tomorrow. I was thinking how appropriate it is for your birth to be celebrated when all of the outdoors begins to truly change. The poetry of color, the blanket of scent, the absolute comfort of chilly mornings and warm afternoons...
You have so many areas of your life that remind me of this season. Your love of the sensory, your childlike love of something new, your beautiful way with words, the way you used to handle anger or disagreements (chilly then warm ;) ), and most of all your desire to prepare us for the frost - to teach or inspire in order that we might remember to hold on when things get tough.
Thank you for your love and your care. Thank you for the great roadtrip - we apologize for the bloody drug den you had to stay overnight in. Have the happiest of Birthdays!!!
Levi, Beth, Cedar and Afton

6 Comments:
Happy Birthday, Jacko! They keep getting closer and closer together, don't they? OK, mine do, anyway. (Yeah, and the "bloody drug den" reference doesn't build any curiosity at all, now, does it?)
Alles gute zum Geburtstag!!!
Much love to you from the overseas contingent, Happy Happy Birthday!
M&M
See, Rick, stay away from the family vacations and you miss all the fun!!!! Beth tells this story so well, I'm just going to leave it to her to retell.....did we mention the escaped convict too?
Yeah. I actually saw Ron on the news that morning as I was passing by the TV. There was a Meeteetsee title below and I just about wrenched my neck when that caught my eye.
Well well well. After a FULL day & night of driving with a vanload of sick family, we opted to stay overnight in Fargo "please don't go", ND.
Being that every hotel was booked solid due to a meatpackers convention or whatever - we were reduced to staying in a Motel 8. By reduced, I mean we could have stayed in the Kimballs van and it would have been cleaner. (hee-hee)
Mom and dad's blankets looke dlike swiss cheese due to ash burns. speaking of blankets, these were made of recycled plastic or something. I have see homeless people with softer, thicker wraps.
Our carpet was wet (not damp), bathroom walls (inside and out) and carpet were sprayed with blood. Thank God housekeeping taped over the bullet hole, or we would have been worried. I'm not sure I would have seen it past all the "hairs" on the bathroom floor.
Levi tried to make a run for medicine, only to discover a "pimps and ho's" party downstairs.
All we needed was Chevy Chase to show up and validate our family vacation.
Needless to say - we received a refund.
If you rent the movie, "Fargo," all will be explained.
Warning: the Coen Brothers can be addictive.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home