Fall = Football!
Everyone should take a shot at conquering a fear every few months, don't ya think? One job I have been avoiding for the last year and a half is the dreaded subbing in ..........P.E. I don't know what happened when my mouth popped open the other morning and I just said, "Sure I'll sub for P.E. at Cooks Corners." Honestly, it was like aliens had taken over my mouth....I was so shocked at myself. Knees knocking in my yoga pants (like I don't even own a pair of sweatpants at this stage of my life) I showed up at the Gym wondering if I would be able to translate the lesson plans into something I could actually DO. To loosen me up the janitoress played catch with me --- the football actually spiraled. By the end of the day I had gone to two separate schools, fooled several classes of 5th graders by throwing around a lot of football jargon (again, alien intervention, I'm sure) and lobbing balls all over the fields....did many jumping jacks and jogged umteen classes out to the field and back - which of course alerted muscles I didn't know I had the next day into full revolt. The truth of the matter is.....I had a lot of fun playing football. Might even check out the NFL's Senior League.....(in your dreams, guys.....)

3 Comments:
Way to go mom!
Is there anything you can't teach? I think you've litteraly got all the bases covered by now.
you rock
I should not be stunned. I am enthused. And now I'm picturing it. Dad would be so proud. He'd be grinning from ear to ear and shaking his head. And probably swearing through his grin.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home