Sunday, April 12, 2009

Another Continent for my charm bracelet!

Dad and I just wanted to let you all know that we are in the midst of planning a trip to Australia this summer for ten weeks. Friends of ours from just outside of Perth have been trying to convince us to come since we spent time in Africa with them. They made us an offer we couldn't refuse - free plane tickets, a place to stay...hmmm, okay! They want us to do some ministry with them in a few home churches they're connected with plus a few other T.B.A. events. Faithie do you remember the book I borrowed from you right before we left? "A Town Called Alice" which just happens to take place in Australia. What do you call that? Prophetic Book Club? Anyway, guys, we plan on being gone from around the first of June to the end of the first week of August.

8 Comments:

Anonymous brochunkle said...

Holy Shrimpbarbiedingogreatbarrier!
There was a miniseries called "A Town Called Alice" some years ago that was hard not to watch.
Funny, that part of the world has been popping up a lot lately. We've had more than a few chats about New Zealand.
Sounds like an qwesome opportunity.

4/13/09, 6:33 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Yay for Australia!

4/14/09, 12:57 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

I'm sure you guys will have an awesome time! You are such great travellors. Try and enjoy a Foster's for me in the land down under.
By the way- everything I know about Australia was learned from Crocodile Dundee 1 and 2. You might want to rent them and brush up.

4/15/09, 8:55 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Repeat after me:

"Dingo ate my baby."

"Would you like some guava jelly?"

4/15/09, 8:56 AM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

So Laura saw the movie "Australia" and loved it. Gotta see it before you go I'm thinking.

4/17/09, 6:43 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

We saw it, too. Who else saw it?

4/17/09, 11:25 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Dad and I took it in at the theatre one rainy afternoon.

4/23/09, 7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We saw it. Sorry - I saw it - they managed to squash in every time of film excluding science fiction....although the child did have spiritual powers...frankly I just like crazy epic movies anyhow


OMG Faith - I am making a recipe THIS WEEK with guava jelly. That film was so painful - you had to poke yourself with a serving fork to put yourself out of your misery...

B

5/10/09, 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home