Thursday, June 25, 2009

We will Never Forget



There are some things in this passing world that are eternal.
There are some bonds that have no end.
From the leather of buffalos that roamed our great nation
To the searing of hot iron upon its coarse hide
To the deep mysterious meaning written in ancient tongue
We hold together

Men, do not forget, for in its meaning we find our place.

12 Comments:

Anonymous foggyuncle said...

I'll never find my place until I know what you mean!

6/26/09, 7:47 AM  
Anonymous chad said...

I will never forget the day I first entered the brotherhood, the twentieth day of the ninth month, twelve years ago

6/26/09, 9:12 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

The Brotherhood of the Band arose from a male bonding experience between the young bucks of the Balon family and their married-in brothers. The women chose a much less testosterone-laced venue and just got charm bracelets. (And needless to say we did not feel the need to cement our relationship with a secret Hebrew word ... we just settled for plain, old English ... LUV!)

6/26/09, 6:56 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Did you get this idea from the band of yeomen in the ancient english forest?

6/27/09, 6:00 PM  
Blogger levi fuson said...

i just found mine in my drawer couple of weeks ago... nice..

6/28/09, 9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have Cedars!!! It's so little ;)

Bethany

6/29/09, 7:33 PM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

I know I still have mine, It's sad that it still fits on my arm. I would take extra flab or muscle, just some kind of change!

6/30/09, 11:34 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

okay Matthew, the Real Test....did you take your band to Bavaria?

7/1/09, 5:43 AM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

Dearest of Uncles,

the meaning of the band is of ancient origins, from an ancient tongue with an ancient and sacred dialect. No one knows the meaning except those who wear the band and even some of us who wear it have forgot it just so that we will never let the meaning slip. Our wives do not even know except for the few that somehow found out by their husbands. We really do need to bring you into the brotherhood of the band and will look for the proper and most advantageous time.

7/11/09, 11:42 PM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

I found the paper in the sock drawer! Sheesh.

7/14/09, 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ZACH!!!!! you were supposed to burn the paper!

7/14/09, 5:22 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

And how was it that FAITH ended up with the paper??????

7/15/09, 5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home