Monday, June 01, 2009

Killing Our Two Roosters

On the theme of my dunk of death video (which got banned from youtube, by the way) I thought I would post this for you guys.

We actually filmed it because we're using it for homeschool and I wanted to remember how to do it exactly, including cleaning it, plucking feathers etc... I got one of our mexican neighbors to help us because I'm such a city boy I had no idea how to do the deed.

No more crowing at the kimball house.

3 Comments:

Blogger wyofaith said...

That Mexican lady is fierce! in a good way. Roosters have such a gross amount of blood. Have you eaten it yet? I've heard they are gross, tough eating. I think enchiladas are the only solution!
And thomas is ADORABLE!!!!

6/2/09, 7:56 AM  
Anonymous chad said...

well the young roo was pretty tasty. the soup we made was mexican style (included the head and feet) so it had an "interesting" smell. but after we took the feet and head out it was pretty good.

the old rooster was a different story. im not sure where he came from or how old he was (he just showed up in our yard a year ago) but i grilled him and he was tough as a piece of rubber. so then i threw him in the crockpot for 8 hours with some garlic and curry and he was pretty good after that!

6/2/09, 12:56 PM  
Blogger levi fuson said...

that was supremely gruesome.

6/3/09, 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home