Monday, March 08, 2010

Frohliche Weinachten


Okay, it's pathetic, but when you can't say "Happy Birthday" in German you must use the closest phrase you DO know ..... even if it's "Merry Christmas"....


Marissa, dear.....Belated Happy Birthday greetings to you also! Tell us what Mr. M did to help you celebrate! Even in a time of "great testing" one must stop to party a little! Hope your day last week was filled with love and fun and that this year continues to bring blessing your way.

11 Comments:

Blogger Marissa said...

Thanks for the wishes!!! Fröhliche Weihnachten :-) ha ha
Matthew had to work that day, but my Mom was in town and we went shopping. So much fun! I introduced her to "Starbucks" and she really liked not having a waitress! We had one of the few window seats (by the Residenz, for those of you who know Munich :-)). As we sat there, the German Olympic team drove by in white BMW convertibles, waving at us and showing their medals. Isn't that cool? In the evening, we went to a traditional restaurant by the Isar. What a great day!

3/9/10, 12:37 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

What a smooch from the Lord for you Marissa! I am so glad that the day with your Mom was fun-filled and serendipitous (sp?)!!!!

3/9/10, 6:19 AM  
Anonymous Rick said...

(Probably wrong, but...)
Glucklicher Geburtstag, Marissa!
I don't think we have an umlaat-er.

3/9/10, 7:30 AM  
Anonymous Kachunkle said...

What was the actual date of your birthday????

3/11/10, 8:09 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

March 2nd

3/13/10, 1:31 AM  
Anonymous Reek said...

Aha!
Thank you.

3/13/10, 6:44 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

"Alles Gute zum Geburtstag" is what we say. But Rick - how did you get the right adjective ending on "glücklicher"?

3/15/10, 9:28 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Love the photo!! Did you ever get our little gift????!! We cdn't resist--it was so good talking with y'all saturday...made me terrible homesick for you!
love
hols

3/15/10, 7:05 PM  
Anonymous Stylin'UncleRick said...

Chance.
My Mom gave me a Reader's Digest Dictionary for Christmas one year (Reader's Digest??? Really, Mom?) and it has a seemingly, pathetic English-to-German dictionary included. Apparently, parts of it are valuable! Who knew?
By the way, I've worn or packed that hiking shirt every time I've been out since it arrived. I'm the most stylish guy on the trail!

3/18/10, 6:53 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

"Glücklicher Geburtstag" means "Satisfied Birthday" or "Content Birthday" (like BD were a person, you know?)

3/19/10, 9:13 AM  
Anonymous yuncle said...

I see. Well, perhaps the dictionary remains true to form after all!

3/20/10, 7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home