Apart from Matthew and Marissa..........
its nice to know that the other siblings live in 1970's soap opera sets like I do. Poor lighting, lots of drama, you get the picture. I actually let the kids help me with the tree this year, which I feel is a major personal accomplishment.I bring you our tree: terrible filming with a hint of nausea.

13 Comments:
I'd like to know what that hot-pink giraffe number is that you panned away from awfully quick.
Yes, yes, do tell. Let's not have a "Giraffegate" situation, here.
ok I've managed to crack faiths code on the giraffe. still working on the backward masking on her video.
click above and you'll see why she filmed it then panned away quickly, saying "oops" and its downright scary.
chad
Faith- the only way to have a "theme" tree is to GET ANOTHER TREE! That's how the Victorian tree was birthed ... Momma couldn't find a way to tastefully merge Early Elementary and Victorian.
that giraffe is deff. going to need its own themed-tree, something like 'nuclear holocaust meets Noah's Ark.'
I just want you all to know that little gem was from Mom and Dad from Mexico. They wanted to bring back an ornament for all of you, but then realised they only had room in their luggage for one ornament. Who would get it? Who was their all time favorite child?? Who indeed.
THATS why I said oops, it was supposed to be the parentals and my secret. Sorry guys.
And how come my audio and video don't match up? This is supposed to be MUCH longer and MORE agonizing.....
...hmmmtheres more to that story...i think we have some birds that match that giraffe...you HAVE to think mexico when you look at them. We love you mom!
I LOVE woodland too. Or how about "all bird" someday....
Children, children, I'm sure that if you look carefully, you will discover that EACH of you is in possession of an EQUALLY gaudy ornament from Mexico. (Mexico has no word for understated.)
We have birds too! My favorite part is that they are razor sharp and cause major band-aids and bleeding each year. It's part of the ornament tradition...
also, if you are doing woodland I may have to send you a box - i have moved into BRIGHTS with the inheiritance of a few boxes of said items. Would you be interested?
On an even more historic note:
Sister Cin, are you in possession of any of the ornaments that adorned the trees of our misbegotten youths? This topic came up in discussion last night with a friend. I remember a paper(?) sleigh that Dad was purported to have made in his early years. I can't imagine that rag still exists.
Ornaments are just the things that I would have said you should have when the flow of materials were dispersed, what with your family and all. I just wonder if that happened and if any of them are still tree ridin'.
i know we always had a glittered house that she said was from the early days. do you still have that one? i don't ever remember having seen a paper sleigh :-( sorry bout that! I would have loved tosee something he made!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home