Feuerzangenbowle

We managed to introduce the tradition of hot spiced wine to our friends at the Wolfes on Christmas Eve. With the help of an old crockpot insert, we set the sucherhut aflame to the oohs and aahs of the group. I thought the cone was soaked with rum but it kept going out. Needless to say it was thoroughly soaked by the end. All agreed it's more than a nice drink. It's an EVENT! How did the rest of you spend New Years?

3 Comments:
That picture looks like you're standing in a tres cool kitchen store. I want to go shopping there!
Très très cool. Let us know whenever you wish to stock up on your zuckerhut supply. One time, it kept going out on us, too. I suspect it was because of the 40% rum that we had bought. I suggest trying a 54% next time.
We spent the entire holiday season in Munich with a variety of friends.
I only wish the pictures of AFTER the Feuerzangenbowle survived...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home