Lost in Blogland
Has anyone checked out Mr. Rick's blogsite? I went there this morning hoping for a touchpoint with the faraway brother.....oh, yeah, he's far away alright.....his last posting was FIVE YEARS ago!!!!! This, from a man who has a reputation for popping out bon mots like Faith pops out babies! Where is my brother's voice, the velvet nouns following the satin verbs???? Could it be he's found it safer to simply comment rather than lay his heart bare in the blog for the world to see? Where are the zingers? the repartee? Where art thou, Brother?

11 Comments:
As Tommie would say, "What the heck?" I did not make that last posting at 5:28 a.m. What's wrong with the clock?
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day."
I think I opened that blog only so that I could read others' blogs. I don't even know how to find it anymore.
Here at the hermitage, we don't cotton to all the personal exposure devices and gimcracks that are available to the world today. It's easier to hop nekkid on a bike once a year. Now THAT'S personal exposure! And, usually, you don't get people clamoring for more.
I'll probably succumb to facebook by about Christmas or so, in case there is a 40th high school reunion abuzz for next year. Plan to be unimpressed by the stingy info made available to the world through that. I realize that I may get into it at some point, but right now, things are a bit too much in mixmaster mode for me to lollygag about on the internet any more than I already do.
I don't mind being the biggest techno-disappointment in the family. Someone's got to fill the role. And it comes so naturally to me.
For Pete's sake- if this is the kind of writing you simply roll off the wrist, it only seems fair that you give us a blog for our reading pleasure! We will have to satisfy ourselves on the crumbs of your comments. Hey, how come you never leave a post here? I mean, we're family- there's no hiding from us.
You know, I wrote a brilliant, evocative post in response to the above. Honest, revealing ... some of my best work. Where did it go, you might ask? I might ask the same thing. This kind of heartbreak is what puts me off my feed. (figuratively, not literally)
Stark, frightening imagery, glib self-incrimination, tales of tattoos ... it had it all. Gone now, lost forever. Cyber-jacked by some errant, pixilated, little ethercreep.
I shall rise again. It will require yeast.
I'm guilty of skimming.
Note: "rather than lay his heart bare in the blog for the world to see?"
Within the above lies the answer to your perusal. I don't really feel the desire to peel open my skullcap and invite the world to a potluck. "Here, taste my fear, sample my inhibitions, savor my most loathesome mistakes. Ooh, thank you for your incisive dissemination on my latest stumbling block. No, please, go on. Tell me once again where I went wrong and how I might have avoided it!"
OK, maybe the paranoia just leaked out a little. See? Even in response, I can't be trusted with my own dark little corners. I'm sure my therapist would enjoy reading this. Oops, just let another detail slip!
So, you see, it is with great compassion that I do NOT blog my inner workings to the cyber universe. Or maybe that's too, too refutable.
I think y'all get the gist. Be careful what you ask for. Or for what you ask (grammarily speaking).
See, it's potentially endless. Don't worry, be happy.
OK momma, how about your two year old Mexican online journal? I think you are still in La Paz over there!
Well we would love to see UR on FB anytime :-) That's where I got the link to B's TV hotspot!
If you haven't been over to Nat's Woodsmithe.com...you have to see his new popshop. I had to remark how Schreiner he seems to be.... a mix of Grandpa's building and UR/Mom's creativity... amazing.
Hols,don't have any idea how to disengage the Mexico Blog....obvious that there is no need for it anymore since WE ARE NOT IN MEXICO, NO???!!!???
Dear Bro, whoa, Big Guy....was just trying to be a little funny there .... felt like I naively stuck a stick in a hole and a bunch of bees came out! I would just like to talk to you more .....
Just rolled off a 21 hour work call. Life is currently full of nothing, if not a combination of relentless stasis and disparate demands. Last sleep was 32 hours ago. Five more before I hit the hay.
Needless to say, the gremlins are running the ship and I'm likely to vent in muchos dirrecciones at any given time. Things are more calm than I make them sound, while occasionally far crazier than that.
What does not kill you ... ?
Only makes you fatter from stress eating. And hey, if you can steer me around some life potholes, I'm grateful. I know not everyone feels the same, but I don't mind some good dark questioning. And I rarely judge, being rather 'dented' myself and finding out I'm THAT mother or THAT wife and all those other epithets I swore I'd never be.
See, that's why people are so adamant about not swearing. It's like carving out a little trap, by which only you will be caught.
That could have been glib. Even the smallest shortfall in that department is redolent with complete failure. It's either glib or it ain't. No almosts.
My head hurts. (little known but, I'm sure, astonishing fact) Still, I keep pounding the keys, hoping something of value might pop out.
Wait ...
Nope.
So, in one week I depart these economically-torn shores for the Orient. For those of you born after 1985, that's Asia. And where, might you ask, will I be planting my feet in that very large expanse? One would hope for exotic, fascinating locales. Yet, one's hopes would be dashed. I am off for three relentless weeks in ... wait for it ...South Korea, the ugly step-sister of all of Asia.
Fortunately, we're bringing the pretty with us. It's a group of 54 and we are bringing the Nutcracker to Seoul and Busan in summertime. Oregon Ballet Theater took me on as their road flyman and I'm launching with them next Monday, the 25th.
I'm sure they will be thankful to see a little snow amidst the hot, baking, sultry days of summer. Obtuse? Yes! Welcome income and adventure in mid-summer? Yes? Good timing for trying to sell this house? Oh, HELL no!
Yet, thus it is.
Internet access will be questionable. Many star hotels untenable. Language barrier, from the reports of last summer, formidable.
News of the Weird will flow out like sludge, if I get the chance. Not taking a computer, so I may be incommunicado for the duration.
Why, why, why is life so strange?
I guess that has always been the big question.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home