LA Fam 2012
Ok so I was just puttering around the internet looking at things in LA that might be fun for the kids. Here's a few things I found:
California Science Center
Lots of fun science type exhibits, hands on type exhibits. Lots of good reviews. IMAX theater. Has free admission, $10 cash only parking. Downtown LA.
Natural History Museum
-Rave reveiws, lots of dinosaur type stuff. Live bug exhibits, lots of taxidermied animals. Moving T Rex inside museum. $12 admission, free tuesdays on specific dates. $8 cash only parking behind musuen
Travel Town Museum
-free admission and parking, bring a picnic. Lots of historic trains to look at, crawl inside. Kids can play with toy train sets and watch model trains go around their tracks. Has a train ride.
Griffeth Park and Southern railroad
- free admission, $3.00 per ride for pony and train rides. bring a picnic. Got good reveiws, fun but perhaps not super exciting or packed with things to do. Maybe good for the younger crowd.
So none of this can compare with Disneyland or Sea World, but could be fun for day trips. I don't know where we are staying, or if these are too far away, but they looked fun and relatively cheap.
California Science Center
Lots of fun science type exhibits, hands on type exhibits. Lots of good reviews. IMAX theater. Has free admission, $10 cash only parking. Downtown LA.
Natural History Museum
-Rave reveiws, lots of dinosaur type stuff. Live bug exhibits, lots of taxidermied animals. Moving T Rex inside museum. $12 admission, free tuesdays on specific dates. $8 cash only parking behind musuen
Travel Town Museum
-free admission and parking, bring a picnic. Lots of historic trains to look at, crawl inside. Kids can play with toy train sets and watch model trains go around their tracks. Has a train ride.
Griffeth Park and Southern railroad
- free admission, $3.00 per ride for pony and train rides. bring a picnic. Got good reveiws, fun but perhaps not super exciting or packed with things to do. Maybe good for the younger crowd.
So none of this can compare with Disneyland or Sea World, but could be fun for day trips. I don't know where we are staying, or if these are too far away, but they looked fun and relatively cheap.

5 Comments:
Our middle name is "Museum". Noni and Papa will sign up to be stroller-alternates, potty-takers, human ladders for the wee folk to get better views....never met a museum we didn't like.
We won't be staying in downtown or Hollywood but we will probably take at least one day trip into the city. I would love to have an idea of the expectations of each family so we can build a loose itinerary that's in line with the collective desires. In general I'm aiming to land a house that will be peaceful and have outlets for the kids to play outside. Let's get this conversation started.
Well this post is extremely slow in lifting off the ground- but I will be the first to flap my wings:
I would like to see your house and where you work.
Maybe a beach day or days.
My boys do great with some space to play but they are very easily pleased- it doesn't take much to excite them!
We are really flexible, but it would be good to have some downtime every day where they can decompress and sleep or read if possible.
Honestly, I have no idea what to expect, and really I just want to see the environs of your life. I definitly stressed over wanting everyone to have the best time ever! But being together is what is the best for me. Thanks for taking this on!
I second that, I want a tour of nathanaels life. like a typical day in the life of type thing
also, our kids probably can't handle more than one outing per day, preferably in the morning before 1 or 2pm. more than that and everyone starts to freak
anyway we're still playing it by ear, aziza is doing pretty good, much better than I thought she would be! but we've only left the house with her around 7 or 8 times total.. keep praying
I am all about doing what is the least stressful, so I think we should just go to the beach everyday and let the kids play in the sand while we all just hang and enjoy some nice drinks. This would be my ideal. i just don't want to wild crazy nuts with visiting every little nook in LA.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home