mom and dad are home!
I picked up mom and dad today. Dad looks great...right out the bush with an amazing slimdown and tan. Mom was not looking too hot. She thinks she got Malaria on the way home and spent 24 hours flight with diarrhea, nausea, and chills. Send a prayer up for her. She prob just needs to sleep but she's looking rough. I gave her a big squeeze and prayed for her before we took off for Detroit. Were here 248-547-4512 til post Christmas...

4 Comments:
My mama....
Hug them tightly for me. Afton was looking at their photos on the fridge today and just rubbing their faces in 1 year old love.
My Lord - I didn't send them a Christmas gift. HELP HELP HELP!!! Can I chip in with someone or am I screwed?
I can't figure out how to post. So I'll just go from here... Folks - Knock-knock jokes are hot stuff around here. I need help with moderately clean ones that I can impress 4-6 year olds with.
Current gut-ripper:
K, K
Who's there?
Under
Under Who?
No, under-WEAR!!!!!!!
On the subject of your mother's appearance: best probably to say "she wasn't 'feeling' " well. Repeating how crappy she looked in a post, that she will probably read, just seems risky. Or maybe she'll just be too weak to comment.
My guess is that there may be some irony built in here. Any chance that she was a superstar for the rest of the trip while her devoted husband experienced a series of difficulties, only to arrive on the home tarmac smellin' like a rose and looking like a rockstar?
We born-Schreiners often have that kind of irony provided freely in our lives.
Ma convinced me on the phone she is feeling much better today and doesn't look so haggard. I believe her :-). She did go to Starbucks so that says something. They are both superstars in my book...living with salamanders, tarantulas, rat babies, and 140 degree heat for 3 months feels a little beyond me at the moment.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home