Saturday, December 16, 2006

LEGAL ALIEN AT WORK

I did it!

I am so excited!!! I had my first days of legal work this week. I am a substitute teacher now! I tought Spanish (!) and Technology (!!!) and even got to conduct the band (!!!!!) at Benjamin Franklin Middle School. Guys - the teachers there still know you all and talk very highly about you. (Of course.) I had a fun chat with Mrs. Niedert yesterday and she says Hi to you all.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Marissa

12/16/06, 1:18 PM  
Blogger holly said...

that's crazy you are teaching at my middle school!!! I totally remember Mrs. Niedert. way to go girl! and the band...im sure matt was jealous ! :-)

12/16/06, 9:05 PM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

Marissa, that is great. Although, I have to admit, when I think of middle school band, my memories are only so fond. Let me explain. So we used to have to practice every day and have our parents sign a form saying that we practiced. Well, I sort of got into the habit of forging mom and pops handwriting and I must say, I was getting pretty good at it. Then one day to my horror, mom caught me and I had to confess to the band teacher. Yea, not good. I believe that was the beginning of my long journey going from 1st chair to 14th. I got skills baby!

12/17/06, 9:50 AM  
Blogger Chaddo said...

forging skilz can come in handy when you're in a tough spot financially

12/18/06, 11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had 14th chair written all over you. And Marissa, You are probably the cutest teacher at that school. All I remember is naming one of the teachers "sweaty Betty" and that being her secret nickname until she retired.

12/18/06, 9:44 PM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Ben Franklin is another memory I've tried to completely block out. Mostly because of my hair at that time.
I played in band too. But I think I started 14th chair and ended 14th chair. I guess you have to actually PRACTICE the trumpet instead of just blowing out the spit valve all the time. Who knew?

12/19/06, 6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clarinets, trumpets, oboes, so much spit.. Truthfully Matthew seems to be the only one whao managed to make real music. Junior High was an assault on ALL the senses. So many boys with b.o.

12/22/06, 10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! Man, I SO envy you... by the time I'll be able to teach, I'll be one foot in the grave... ;) Hm, conducting sure sounds fun to me...

12/28/06, 1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home