I can't believe it......
It's true. 35 dollars spent on what???
A christmas tree.
Fondly we look back on the 15$ out of pocket for a trip into the wilderness to cut our own. This year it was a battle across the parking lot to a pile of windswept, frantic looking christmas trees. There was no mercy for the fat pregnant woman.
Ours still hasn't let it's branches down and its been in the house 2 days.
35 dollars. What is this world coming to?
A christmas tree.
Fondly we look back on the 15$ out of pocket for a trip into the wilderness to cut our own. This year it was a battle across the parking lot to a pile of windswept, frantic looking christmas trees. There was no mercy for the fat pregnant woman.
Ours still hasn't let it's branches down and its been in the house 2 days.
35 dollars. What is this world coming to?

11 Comments:
I spent 45 dollars for a tree last year that was 5 foot tall and three feet around. My neighbors bushes looked better fit for the task of holding up ornaments. I might be wrong faith but I've heard it's not a smart idea to go christmas tree shopping when your as far along as you are. After all your with child!
i think its that fact that they have to import the trees in from ... uh, i don't know ... mongolia or something. We got a splendid tree for only 28. you should all move to the northwoods. :)) hehe.
ps. i know you wyomin folk are pretty hard core, but ron makin your prego wife cut and carry the tree. man come on. :)
l.
our tree was $15
we got you all beat
Last year we pulled over on the side of the road somewhere in Hobart to buy our tree. It was either the Oraks or Lions club who were selling them as a fundraiser or something. Anyways I wanted to find out the price having selected a five foot beauty. "How much do people usually donate for a tree this size?" I asked. "15 bucks or so", he replied. I thought,
"Great! Christmas trees are cheaper than I thought". It's only this year that I realized there might be some descrepency between a typical Hobart donation and the actual value of a tree.
You must have forgotten the exchange rate between the hobart dollar and the us dollar. Last time I checked a hobart dollar equalled nearly three american george washingtons. I've considered having mine shipped here because of this phenomena.
45's the going rate for 6'-7' trees here. (noble fir) We generally have 2-4 types of trees from which to choose. Many Christmas tree farms exist within 40 or so miles of Portland, yet the prices are the same as what y'all experience. Well, the high end, anyway.
One friend who has one of theose farms will bring you a live one and pick it up again after the holidays and then go plant it. Price? $45.
We were a site picking up our tree...Chad hobbling and me waddling. We would have rode cars but they were all broke down!
It was one o'clock at night and all was quiet and dark when I shut the pickup off and coasted into the tree lot and pushed Faith out to find a tree. The christmas tree police turned on their red lights just as Faith was jamming our tree into the back of the pickup. Too bad. I thought the gaurd was sleeping in his camper. The pregnancy is really slowing Faith down.
You forgot to mention the gale force winds.
was that a guard or a gourd sleeping in the camper? a guard I can handle, but a gourd would be really scary
Levi you forgot to mention the Tree of '02. Ah yes. The mud, the mountains, the screaming infant, the ice storm, the crappy tree. BUT, it was only $5. That and the fingers I lost due to overexposure.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home