The Blitz
Folks, what a week. The glory, the chaos, the gorging...
I send a most personal thanks for all the effort made to clean, coordinate details, fly in with infants, be flexible with the tots, and help where the needs were (and buy wine!! Thank you VanHook family ;) ).
Fav Highlights:
-church w/ the fam, Zach you were AWESOME!
-coffee w/ M&M
-Our greeting and parting hugs
-Holly's overnight
-Seeing the latest peapods for the first time!!
-realizing my kids actually now KNOW their extended family.
Laura and Zach - I am so proud. So darn proud. You have discarded (sometimes painfully) the comforts in order to acheive something greater. I applaud you with tears, love and encouragement. You ARE trophies of God's grace and a delight to our hearts. May this next season be filled with wonder, delight and unlost bags... I love you. B
I send a most personal thanks for all the effort made to clean, coordinate details, fly in with infants, be flexible with the tots, and help where the needs were (and buy wine!! Thank you VanHook family ;) ).
Fav Highlights:
-church w/ the fam, Zach you were AWESOME!
-coffee w/ M&M
-Our greeting and parting hugs
-Holly's overnight
-Seeing the latest peapods for the first time!!
-realizing my kids actually now KNOW their extended family.
Laura and Zach - I am so proud. So darn proud. You have discarded (sometimes painfully) the comforts in order to acheive something greater. I applaud you with tears, love and encouragement. You ARE trophies of God's grace and a delight to our hearts. May this next season be filled with wonder, delight and unlost bags... I love you. B

3 Comments:
The quiet is deafening ... the memories are magnificent!!!
Mummers personal favs:
- listening to all my childrens' voices at the SAME time in the SAME room
- Nat's one liners
- Beth's "Pur-fect"
- Cedar's dinner prayer that included his address and phone #
- Isabelle's "haht"
- Zach's whole Sunday schmiel (what does schmiel mean in German?)
- Faith's stricken voice on the phone at remembering her "items" left on the basement clothes line
- Matthew's audible kisses with Marissa (yeah, there's freedom in the house)
- Holly's soul-probing questions
- Marissa's announcement that she had told the restaurant to "take a hike!". She's taking her skills elsewhere!
- Laura's encouragement to "eat wings!!!!!" YEAH!
- Bethan calling her little brother "Salsa"
- Abi & Afton's happy giggles upon the unveiling of the Barbie cake
- Chad's tone of peaceful resignation when returning to pick up Holly's meds (after being on the road to Chicago for 40 minutes...)
- Thomas & Caleb's cooes and gurgles
Pure Bliss ....
I am going through withdrawl...Thank goodness for the blog! I had so many great conversations-that's what I loved best, keeping it real with the fam. There's just so much to share when your're face to face.
I also have to say my sisters have to be the best moms EVER!!!! I was SO SO impressed by their patience and affection in the midst of stress. Bravo to you two!
Faith, the rest of us gals said the same about you! You are PATIENCE!! And you have great hair. ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home