Since both Holly and Chad are failing reveal the meaning behind the criptic "Yes, Mommy" video, I am spurring on some conversation with a question. Since blogs are ideal places to rant, I want four of yours- What are four things that drive you crazy? Cannot be serious, like world hunger or anything African, just four shallow irritants.
My four: Bands with limp 'emo bangs', having to gas up when I'm in a hurry, Barney getting old, being overweight for almost a year now.
My four: Bands with limp 'emo bangs', having to gas up when I'm in a hurry, Barney getting old, being overweight for almost a year now.

25 Comments:
Four shallow things that drive laura crazy:
1. when people liken their pets to actual children as if they really both have eternal souls, how dare they compare their dog to a baby??
2. BAD drivers, watch out, my wrath comes out behind the wheel!
3. dark chocolate, it doesn't deserve to be a part of the cocoa family.
4. shopping at winco where you have to bag all your own groceries.
mini backpacks with the long straps
jeans without back pockets
rabbits running wild in friends basements
peoples too cool for school cliques
Oy, where do I start!?!
- (Mostly at work) People who do not listen.
- Those GIANT pants that have little choice but to hang down to mid-buttcrack. (yeah, even WITH boxers)
- boombox cars rattling my windows at home.
- milk "chocolate" (unless directly from Belgium, which teaches you that you've been eating wax all of your life)
1. beer that comes in iced mugs
2. nail polish that chips the very day you layer it on in two coats!
3. the fact that I have much more grey hair than my mother in law
4. people who judge you by the size of your backpack or the amount of pockets on your outfit
(in case #4 is too serious I would replace that by crackers with Easy Cheese)
1. When 45 year old women are bored and come into Hattie Smith to describe their ENTIRE house using hand gstures. As in " the sofa is here"-hand gesture, "and we've got thease two chairs from my mother in law which my husband refuses to get rid of over here"-hand gesture.
2. Construction worker mirrored wap-around sun glasses; there's no excuse.
3. Wal-Mart
4. Hummers-Just stop it already
I'm going to go ahead and replace my first two with:
things that are german
large amounts of black curly hair
rabbits running wild in friends basements??
-children breaking beer bottles for fun outside. I always get slow leaks no matter how new my tires are
-pacifier addiction (especially when the last pacifier is lost and it is 3am and a child is screaming and cant sleep)
-Emails from a Mr. Coy Honeycutt asking me to enlarge myself and refinance.
-Lack of detail
All right here are mine:
1) very small people driving monster trucks. It just looks too weird. Can anyone say "insecurity"?
2) the phrase "church politics". I thoroughly dislike the phrase to begin with, because it puts something as amazing as the bride of Christ with something somewhat, shall we say, less desireable.
3) My third pet peeve is when, whoever, tries to push a subtle agenda on me. Usually my frenzy begins to happen while watching the tube, as I see these media tycoons and rich c.e.o's influencing the masses and taking the great whole of mankind down.
zdog
hey, so what is the problem with walmart? i personally love the elderly dude that greets you as you walk into the store full of savings due to overseas factories...
laura
1. fat, redneck people who clog the isle and won't move, no matter how many times you clear your throat..... mostly, in Wal Mart.
2. people who drive by continuously tapping the gas pedal. 60.....55....60....55....60...55.. holy puke fest.
3.stupid people..... this could be pretty much anybody at anytime that i deem stupid. :)
4. my daughters ability to destroy a room within 15 seconds. (and i do mean destroy, if you leave her for too long i swear she would burn the house down.) of course it is usually followed by this cute little gap-tooth smile which melts my heart. but i am like livid for about 10 seconds there.
levi, #3 is one of the things I continually enjoy and laugh at about you...
amen brother....amen
l.
This is a great post! I haven't heard from Beth OR Holly- what's up? I manage time from MY motherhood for pointless enquires!
Zach, you only have three points and your #3 is too serious. You are working your way to being a number on my list.
Marissa, Is having a lot of pockets good or bad?
Uncle Rick- your number one is on the verge of being too serious. However you did make up for this with the waxy chocolate theme.
And please, what is the story with the rabbits in the basement? I used to work for Pat Popovich, who turned her rabbits loose on a little island in her pond. They multiplied and multiplied and then started eating each other. They are actually pretty gross animals.
1)plastic film on the top of any food container which refuses to be pried off regardless of the length of your fingernails (i'd rather take my chances with possible "tampering")
2)houses painted in Easter egg colors
3)the fatal lack of dress designers for the over-16 crowd (well, over-40, okay...)
4)not enough condiment space in the modern refrigerator
Ahh I LOVE this blog...
Men who decorate the exterior of their vehicles with camoflauge contact paper
Hairy men who are bodypainted for athletic events
Cleaning the poop shellacked into the interior legs of my sons jeans (and socks).
Grossly obese women in tube tops - Stop the MADNESS!!
Whaat? Dark chocolate is the epicenter of all chocolatey goodness. I'm saddened, truly.
I do echo the Winco sentiments. Irratating as hell. Or maybe that's just the store layout.
Faith ... honey ... do you have a future on the Supreme Court?
Rather than do the time for the crime, I'll offer up something less serious for my offense.
Hello Kitty.
Is that daughter of Levi's - the one who can destroy a house in 10 seconds - the same one Beth is bringing to MY house in a week????? No, that can't be. Beth is bringing my darling, little gap-toothed grandaughter Afton, the love of her Noni's heart. Right?
right..... just wait.....
batten down the hatches.
l.
I keep noticing more picky things!
Those coffee cups that have loop handles that are too small to put a finger through unless you're under three years of age.
It kind of goes on and on doesn't it? I've got another too: the spiky, painful grass in Wyoming.
I can't wait to see Afton- last time see was a puking cueball of cuteness. I'll be bringing the cueball this time around!
It kind of goes on and on doesn't it? I've got another too: the spiky, painful grass in Wyoming.
I can't wait to see Afton- last time see was a puking cueball of cuteness. I'll be bringing the cueball this time around!
Nat! There's your band name! Pukin' Cueballs! or Qballs, y'know...whatever.
Stores that have shopping carts and no place in their mega-parking lot to put them...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home