Friday, February 16, 2007

Test DaF

I finally took my Test DaF (German as a foreign language) this past Wednesday in Chicago. Marissa and I have been studying together for this test for the past six months. Unfortunately I don't think I did very well. Scheisse . This test is a prerequisite in about 90% of all German schools. In about a month, it's possible to take it over again in case I don't pass. Although it might potentially delay my starting school a semester or so, it's not the worst thing that could happen. My scores should come via snail mail in 4-6 weeks. Regardless of the results, Marissa and I still plan on moving sometime in August.
We only wonder where to.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats a bummer but at least you know the proper curse words to use as you process how you feel about it. I hear Germans just say scheisse most of the time anyway.

2/17/07, 9:06 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

Couldn't you just hold up a great beer and slur your way through it?

2/18/07, 5:52 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

I'm sorry Doobs. Still, you won't know for positive for awhile- maybe something will shock you with its positiveness.
We love you.
Don't get bleak and start reading Nitsche.
Or however you spell his name.

2/18/07, 8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is it possible that you actually did better than you think?

2/19/07, 8:27 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

As an old farm woman once said, "Don't count your broken eggs before they're out of the hen's butt." or something like that ....

2/20/07, 6:47 AM  
Blogger holly said...

bro you are hard on yourself. i can't imagine trying to take a foreign language test like that. way to apply yourself! Keep at it and don't give up!

2/20/07, 4:46 PM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Mom, I laughed for about 20 minutes at your comment. There's something hilarious in the idea of a hen's butt.

2/21/07, 6:30 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

I want o know if it's the cuss words that turn red or the foreign ones. Let's see..."mademoiselle".

Is this only on my computer?

2/27/07, 6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home