Monday, June 11, 2007

A bit of Love from the Zachster



So, this is one of my most prized possessions. I have always loved my "David" and I always will. Others have not understood the beauty of this piece of art. In college my friends would always turn it around. Laura, at times, hides it. Others are scared by it because they think it is looking at them. But alas, it will remain in my possession forever.

I share this with you because I am wondering if you have something that is dear to your heart? Take a pic if you can and share it with us all.

18 Comments:

Blogger  Larky Park said...

First of all - it looks like you posed for it - the sculpture LOOKS like you. Are you greek? Italian?
That's pretty amazing.

6/12/07, 5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zach wheres your shirt

6/12/07, 6:12 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Chaddo Baby - that's the same thing you asked Dad (or was it Abi) last night on Skype. Some of us live in places where it is HOT this time of year!!!!

Zach, you may have inherited the old greek sculpture gene - when I was just out of high school I redeemed several books of Green Stamps (now I'm showing my age - no one will probably know what these are) for a reproduction of Michaelangelo's "Moses". Do you remember it? Darkish brown, horns on his head (it's hard to convey "a face reflecting the glory of God" in clay... I was forever touching up his chips with shoe polish as we went through the years. But, like you, he's my fav and I probably would have brought him with me but, dang, he's heavy... Matthew, if you have your camera handy, he's in the bathroom,
not USING the bathroom, just "adorning" it.

6/12/07, 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll take my shirt off to that

6/12/07, 2:38 PM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

how do you leave pics in the post area?

6/12/07, 4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you mean leave pics in the comments area?

6/12/07, 7:16 PM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

uh, yeah.

6/13/07, 3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you need to know a little html coding, do you want to learn that

6/14/07, 7:55 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

not really

6/14/07, 11:46 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Enough with the boring stuff - which one of your possessions are you hot for?

6/14/07, 5:26 PM  
Blogger Chaddo said...

my stapler

6/15/07, 9:18 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

More, Chad, I need more words. Say the same words in 25 or more.

6/15/07, 1:51 PM  
Blogger Chaddo said...

i love how my sweet stapler punches holes in paper and keeps everything together even though if I try to staple too big of a stack of paper it bends the staples and mangles the corner of the paper but its ok because i rarely do anything with paper these days except potato stamping and glitter glue of course

6/15/07, 2:22 PM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

This post was handled on Beth's site under

"whatcha whatcha love"

see site for more details

6/15/07, 6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This thread seems to be more about art, no? Should it be?
Me? I gots some pieces that were made by friends from over the years. I'm old, so there's lots of them. A weird little unfired clay head, some prints from a friend's original artwork (up for the first hobbit calendar but lost out by being "not cutesy enough") some abstract paintings, and some anonymous folk art.
If we manage to have "that sale" this summer to excise some of the maddening clutter from our lives, perhaps I'll be able to actually haul all of these things out and look at them. Maybe even scatter them about the house. Wheeee!

6/16/07, 7:42 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Hmmm.... Lets do talk about personal art! We don't really have any that you could classify as art except for a painting of mushrooms by Matthew that I dearly love.
BUT! Matthew and I were discussing art and he said that you should hang all artwork, even if it's in progress. What a great idea! I was inspired by their awesome artsy apartment- I'm feeling very determined to just start a painting and see where it goes.

6/18/07, 8:24 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

Actually, I really liked a charcoal I did for Connie B - inspired by matthew's code of "Maybe if you pick up and artistic tool and use it, you could make something."

I also like 2 fat pottery birds and a pottery "diamond box" that John Hunter made. Perhaps the entire category of John Hunter should just be put out there.

6/19/07, 5:56 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Shall I put the rest of my John Hunter stuff on the bidding block and see how high it might go?? Gotta finance all these trips to Mexico somehow ...

6/19/07, 8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home