Thursday, May 10, 2007

Aaah, The Scents of Memories

Okay, got a silly and quite pointless question for you, but it came out of my little journey to the market today. I was going to buy some shaving cream, and thinking I wonder what kind I will buy....when to my utter joy, they had the same brand I use in America (I know you want to know which kind so it is Gillette Sensitive in the Turqouise color, very nice)...and I was like why do I even love this kind and why have I mindlessly purchased it all these years? And instantly, in a moment, my mind transported me back to high school with my friends camping out in the summer, and we used this kind of shaving cream everyday to shave our legs in the creek! Ah-hah! So, the question is, do you have anything you love because you link it to a memory? I will always love this shaving cream and I am ooohh so thankful I can buy it in Turkey!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, first off, Zach, I think you're oversharing. Like, a lot!
Also, shaving creme in a can is a big ripoff. Shaving soap, mug and brush is tres old school, but very satisfying and cheap.
Now, I love Old Spice only because Grandpa Homer used it. I keep some around but, no, I don't use it.

So, what, were you a swimmer in high school with the "shaving" and all?

5/11/07, 9:44 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I love those chalky pink wintergreen flavored candies. They always remind me of family vacations; in particular one of the Wisconsin/Minnesota trips.

5/11/07, 1:12 PM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Matthew! I have a memory taking place in Minnesota/Wisconsin involving those very same candies!!!
Gene boy had just dropped a dead fish on my foot and for some strange reason it started bleeding- I started crying, Geneboy started freaking out and telling me not to tell our parents and Dad came along and comforted me with those pepto bismal look alikes.

5/11/07, 4:37 PM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

ha! no it was laura that shaved her legs in the creek with her girlfriends, NOOOOTT MEE!!!

5/12/07, 7:05 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Faith, I recall on that same trip you casting into some lake and the lure getting stuck in my hair. Twice. How does that happen?

5/12/07, 7:45 AM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

So, about candy, I can't help but remember Necko's. Now these go along with the other 10 bags of candy that dad would buy for family vacations. I remember those vacations so well. McDonald's in the morning, candy for about four hours of driving and then Burger King for lunch and then more candy for about 5 hours and then dinner at Long John Silver's. Man, we were healthy!

5/12/07, 11:41 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

My memory of those pinko candies is reaching into the blue tin that they came in at my Grandma Priscilla's. She was way-big in the sweets department. So, you see any of those sugar addictions are come by naturally - from both sides of the family.

5/12/07, 3:05 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

If we're talking candy, I must say that the pre-Butterfinger option with coconut instead of chocolate brings back huge memories of Harveys Dept Store. The top floor diner with burgers and burnt grilled cheese and popcorn scents mixing with perm solution from the hair salon. The basement toy area - and of course the fabulous rows of glass jars packed with endless sugary delights. One of my fav's was the baby-butterfinger thingees- DOes anybody know the real name?

5/15/07, 6:34 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

I know exactly what you are talking about-Log something, or something logs????

Matthew- it was evidence of my superior casting skills. Although out here people say bobber fishing isn't real fishing they are all uber eco friendly with their "fly rods" instead of fish poles.
please.
somebody pass me a worm.

5/16/07, 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home