Father's Day!
Dad!!! It's your day! Trying to call through but can't seem to get ya!
I love you O papa of 6. I love being part of one of the best assemblage of family folk on the planet (humble opinion) - U.R. and B.R. included of course.
I actually got to give the teaching today - it was on the Father Heart of God. Of course I had spent the week thinking about you and and the amazing person you are and that you are continuing to become. I think that is the most thrilling part - that we get to watch you continue even as we are.
I care so deeply for you and appreciate the time and value systems you set in place. The sense of your love. I was remembering something from when we were in jr high maybe - maybe elementary. I remember you always tried to get in a little catnap on the living room floor. But Holly and I loved to squiggle in next to you - Holly against your chest and me against your back. For some reason I loved it there. It felt safe and non-claustrophobic. Interestingly enough i was reading this week about Moses invoking a blessing on each of the tribes of Isreal - to one he said "You shall dwell between the shoulders of God." I LOVE that. YOU are incredible - thank you for the time and protection.
PS There is a gift being sent out tomorrow from a couple of us kids. Totally my fault that it's late.
PPS Cedar loved his B-Day gift card and can't wait to go pick out his gift!! Thank you.
I love you O papa of 6. I love being part of one of the best assemblage of family folk on the planet (humble opinion) - U.R. and B.R. included of course.
I actually got to give the teaching today - it was on the Father Heart of God. Of course I had spent the week thinking about you and and the amazing person you are and that you are continuing to become. I think that is the most thrilling part - that we get to watch you continue even as we are.
I care so deeply for you and appreciate the time and value systems you set in place. The sense of your love. I was remembering something from when we were in jr high maybe - maybe elementary. I remember you always tried to get in a little catnap on the living room floor. But Holly and I loved to squiggle in next to you - Holly against your chest and me against your back. For some reason I loved it there. It felt safe and non-claustrophobic. Interestingly enough i was reading this week about Moses invoking a blessing on each of the tribes of Isreal - to one he said "You shall dwell between the shoulders of God." I LOVE that. YOU are incredible - thank you for the time and protection.
PS There is a gift being sent out tomorrow from a couple of us kids. Totally my fault that it's late.
PPS Cedar loved his B-Day gift card and can't wait to go pick out his gift!! Thank you.

3 Comments:
Also, what is your address?
Hey, babe, they don't recommend sending anything of value down here through the mail. So, if you're sending something worthless, go ahead (ha-ha!) No, what I mean is that if it's just letters,pictures, that would be okay. If it's an item, it might be better to send it to the house in Valpo. And I guess it takes 3 weeks (which is crazy cuz it takes that long to go to Africa). So, that being said, our address is:
Marina del Rey, Av. Sabalo Cerritos 1000/211, Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico.
Ditto Dad! You joyed IN our joy and In us and I think that's one reason you made such a great dad!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home