Saturday, June 16, 2007

What's new?

Well, after a surprising lull in the blog, I'm happy to see the resurgence of interest from the familia. That said, I have a question:

What new skill or talent have you recently learned?

We all are in the process of learning every day and I'd like to hear what new horizons you are conquering.

(husbands, putting your socks in the hamper does not qualify.)

14 Comments:

Blogger wyofaith said...

I have been learnimg how to trim a horses' foot (feet)
Much harder work than I realised, but a nice way to save money.

Caleb has learned how to eat rice cereal off of a spoon.

6/16/07, 8:16 AM  
Blogger Chaddo said...

today a friend and I learned how to fish in a canoe with a crying 2 year old and a complaining 7 year old. answer: fish from the shore!

I also learned how to keep the dog poop that was smeared all over the 2 year old's feet from getting on the food on the picnic blanket as she ran up to me to show me what was on her foot.

6/16/07, 5:55 PM  
Blogger Chaddo said...

email me for tips on the second one, i already ruined another post by focusing too much on smelly bike seats

6/16/07, 5:55 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

One word - Glade Plug-ins. (You might need a battery pack)

6/16/07, 9:48 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

I have learned how to cook cactus...Nopales, to all you south-of-the-border types.

6/16/07, 9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, we ALWAYS get an order of nopalitos to precede our fat order of Tex-Mex. Them cactus'r good eatin'!
Yesterday I learned that my car did not come with a lug wrench. Fortunately, every fifth car in Portland is a Subaru, and another arrivee at the party loaned us theirs.

6/17/07, 8:15 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

Do you rub the glade pug-ins ON the bike seat?

6/17/07, 2:14 PM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

Inspired by all of your commnts, I just learned, like 5 seconds ago the word for poop in Turkish. Are you ready? It is pupa. Say it with me: pupa. Again, pupa.

It is good to learn, isnt it?

6/18/07, 5:24 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

I learned to never purchase large blow-up beach toys for your children unless you plan on blowing them up. ....OH, I'll blow that up - with fireworks!!

If it involves poop, I just throw it away. Clothes, hair decor, diapers, small animals - just throw them away. It's convenient.

6/19/07, 5:49 AM  
Blogger Chaddo said...

how about smelly bike seats

6/19/07, 12:14 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

Glade plug-ins. I just rip em open and smear that stuff on right over the pupa.

6/21/07, 5:46 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Another post dead. It could have all been so different.

6/26/07, 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Faith, nice nail-on-the-head-hitting. But it is consoling to know that it's not just me.

7/1/07, 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyone else concerned that they are likely to next find Chad bent over a random bike seat, inhaling deeply?

7/1/07, 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home