It's official
We are moving to the Fatherland on July 6. The flight is booked.
Here is an update of our situation:
I recently retook my SAT and ACT in hopes of meeting the requirements set forth by 99% of German Schools. I will be recieving my scores in 4 weeks and if they're good enough, I will apply immediatly for the fall term. If they are not good enough I will work for a year, keep retaking the test (which I can do in Germany), and apply next fall for school. Meanwhile Marissa would go to school full time and finish her degree hopefully in one year. Since it's so down to the wire timewise, we felt like we just needed to take a step and go. We will be staying with Marissa's parents for a few weeks as we have no other option. Marissa has a summer job lined up already and I have yet to figure out exactly what I'll be doing. Things are changing for us on a day to day basis so we'll try to keep you informed as things change/come up. To be honest, we are getting a little worn out by all the unknowns.
Here is an update of our situation:
I recently retook my SAT and ACT in hopes of meeting the requirements set forth by 99% of German Schools. I will be recieving my scores in 4 weeks and if they're good enough, I will apply immediatly for the fall term. If they are not good enough I will work for a year, keep retaking the test (which I can do in Germany), and apply next fall for school. Meanwhile Marissa would go to school full time and finish her degree hopefully in one year. Since it's so down to the wire timewise, we felt like we just needed to take a step and go. We will be staying with Marissa's parents for a few weeks as we have no other option. Marissa has a summer job lined up already and I have yet to figure out exactly what I'll be doing. Things are changing for us on a day to day basis so we'll try to keep you informed as things change/come up. To be honest, we are getting a little worn out by all the unknowns.

7 Comments:
The worst is people saying all the time: "what are your plans?"
and then you say "we don't know"
for the millionth time and then two weeks later the same people ask what your plans are again.
Just print up some T-shirts that say "we'll let you know."
Then all you have to do is point.
So Faith, what are your plans?
That is brilliant.
We feel your pain, son! Ditto for us. Sometimes it just feels good to say, "We're leaving on such- and- so date." because at least it sounds like you're moving forward. It's not that God doesn't have a plan, He just doesn't do print-outs. Bummer for us. But it does force you to trust on a day-to-day basis. Please duck tape my mouth if I say the no-no question.
Beth, I am pointing to my shirt.
Within the lack of plans lies freedom. Let go!
Faith, which finger?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home