Holy Toledo!
Spain. I am in love with Spain. I want to go back and I find myself daydreaming about it. What a beautiful place. What is so amazing about it? Oh let me tell you! Madrid is beautiful, alive, and very clean. There is amazing history there and beautiful buildings, and great shopping like H&M! The flamenco dancing is wonderful, our retreat treated us to a wonderful dinner and show. The Sangria we drank every evening dinner is delightful. I got to drink wine for lunch and dinner each day! At lunch they mix wine with a bubbly water, it is wonderful. We went to Toledo and it was an amazing city!!! It is engulfed by a moat of water, like a magical little city from history. And Spaniards were nice, polite, full of life. And the Spanish spoken in Spain sounds beautiful. Really, there is just a magical feeling when you are there. Can't quite explain it. Oh Spain, how do I love thee! Let me count the ways....
laura
Photos include Isabelle with her Spanish fan, the city of Toledo, and the beautiful Cathedral in Toledo.

6 Comments:
Wow! I didn't know you were going to go to Spain! Looks fantastic!!! Are you back in Turkey now?
Laura, you have definitely got the Iberian flu! I got it myself back in the early seventies and those memories are still some of my most cherished. My touchpoints were Barcelona and the Costa del Sol (Malaga and Torremolinos). I got some time in Madrid, but not enough. Toledo, another on the must-do list that fell by the wayside in my 18-year-old's agenda. Bouncing cross-country beteween Barcelona and Madrid, in and old Peugot driven by a crazy Venezuelan, brought the countryside up close and personal.
Oh, for unlimited travel opportunities!
Looks beautiful. I'm so glad you had a good time! Isn't it funny how some places you'd never expect just click? I felt the same way about St. John where we went on Honeymoon. I never thought I would like it as much as I did.
Anyone else have a place like that?
that's Matthew btw.
Yes, the Top of the Rock - Masada in Israel. Hot, dry, silent, lonely, beautiful.
I fell in love with the west coast of cambodia, silent and simple. This looks amazing and i'll have to get some tips from you guys if I get a chance to go!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home