Wazzzup familia
Ok, I had to take a break for a minute from Laura's question. I'm not used to that kind of insightful, thought provoking question here on the blog. And honestly, I don't know. The women get some of the crappier roles in the bible. Maybe the Queen of Sheba. She liked road trips too.
Anyways, take a quick break and weigh in your response here, then go back to th weightier post.
FAMILY VACATION:
So I talked with the YWAM base and they are on board for having folks stay at the base. Usually it's like 7$ a night, but I'll have to check back on that. Chad and Holly will be at there own pad here, and I thought Mom and Dad might want to stay at our house, so that leaves Fusons, Nat, and Schreiners at the base. (Right Schreiners? Uncle Rick? Aunt BR? *tap tap* anyone there?)
You would be staying in a log cabin type room, with a bathroom and possibly a mini fridge. There are rooms for couples, singles, families, you name it. Not the Hilton, but the veiws you wake up to are really pretty.
August should be perfect here, weather-wise. Activities I thought of:
FREE: Horse back riding, campfire cooking eating and lounging, Sightseeing around Meeteetse(if we go to Kirwin or up into the mountains we might all need to chip in $5 for deisel since we would be borrowing a vehicle from CWAM), Dinosaur museum in Cody or Thermopolis
COST: "White water" rafting (not really, more like some gentle ripple rafting, but good for kids.) Rodeo 15-20$ per person, less for kids, Prime Rib buffet at the Irma, Buffalo Bill's hotel in the Rockies $20 per person, less for kids. Shopping in Cody, Soaking in the hot springs in Thermopolis, Museum in Cody $14 per person, less for kids(Ithink 5 and under are free)
The Great Plains Indians Powwow might be around this time but that's free.
And the best most free thing of all: Our mountains, our peace, our quiet, our wide open plains, our air that is pure, clean and refreshing, our rivers that are sparkling and full of fish, our friendly gas station attendants. Really, what more could you ask for?
Our Family.
Anyways, take a quick break and weigh in your response here, then go back to th weightier post.
FAMILY VACATION:
So I talked with the YWAM base and they are on board for having folks stay at the base. Usually it's like 7$ a night, but I'll have to check back on that. Chad and Holly will be at there own pad here, and I thought Mom and Dad might want to stay at our house, so that leaves Fusons, Nat, and Schreiners at the base. (Right Schreiners? Uncle Rick? Aunt BR? *tap tap* anyone there?)
You would be staying in a log cabin type room, with a bathroom and possibly a mini fridge. There are rooms for couples, singles, families, you name it. Not the Hilton, but the veiws you wake up to are really pretty.
August should be perfect here, weather-wise. Activities I thought of:
FREE: Horse back riding, campfire cooking eating and lounging, Sightseeing around Meeteetse(if we go to Kirwin or up into the mountains we might all need to chip in $5 for deisel since we would be borrowing a vehicle from CWAM), Dinosaur museum in Cody or Thermopolis
COST: "White water" rafting (not really, more like some gentle ripple rafting, but good for kids.) Rodeo 15-20$ per person, less for kids, Prime Rib buffet at the Irma, Buffalo Bill's hotel in the Rockies $20 per person, less for kids. Shopping in Cody, Soaking in the hot springs in Thermopolis, Museum in Cody $14 per person, less for kids(Ithink 5 and under are free)
The Great Plains Indians Powwow might be around this time but that's free.
And the best most free thing of all: Our mountains, our peace, our quiet, our wide open plains, our air that is pure, clean and refreshing, our rivers that are sparkling and full of fish, our friendly gas station attendants. Really, what more could you ask for?
Our Family.

9 Comments:
I love it, I'm down for whatever.
how we wish we could come....
Sounds great. Do we have an actual date nailed down yet?
Practicing walking around in my spurs ... drawing my six-shooters ... roping the fencepost... I'm going to be READY!
Oh man I want to be there so badly, it sounds awesome. I would love to see Zach put on a pair of wranglers and a cowboy hat(ooh lala). Will you please make a smore for me one night over the open fire? Yum. Home on the range. Oh give me that home! Enjoy!! laura
This is a test. This site has refused my posts for the last three days.
Of course it works NOW.
What I have been trying to convey for so long is that BR is most probably locked in at work for that period and we are still in-process with having to fund our own sewer line. I am also awaiting developments on the opera front for changing schedules at the top of the season.
That being said, some of those activities sound very attractive.
I've never met a horse that wanted to see me again after the first date, but, I suppose miracles can happen.
I just love being able to be so committal. It has been a constant joy for many years now. I'm am so enthused to be able to share it now with all of you.
(I'm going with sarcasm now. If it's not coming across, can we just blame the internet? Please?)
I shall stay the course and keep you posted. At best, I'll shake out my hammock and ask about the nearest appropriate pair of trees.
hey faith, a couple questions about this, is this the final plan? part of my concern about the ywam base is having a place for easy hangout all together. part of what made the last shindig we did in wisconsin so fun was that right outside our rooms there was this huge living room and dining room where we ate and hung out. same with when we go with my parents in michigan, having easy hangout right outside our sleeping rooms makes it work a lot better. It allows for a lot of hangout talking time during the DOWNTIME when there are no activities planned. It allows for late night talks and movies and stuff like that. And allows the cousins a lot more time together.
so my question is, is there a lodge type of thing where we could eat our meals together? if there is, will there be cmam staff/students eating there?
Chad, that was one of Levi's questions too. I think he left the initial conversation thinking that we were going to try and get one big house together.
Also, I had failed to consider that after the drive to WY, it's less than fun for L to do more vehicle time because his back is in so much pain.
This trip sounds amazing - we're just trying to figure out what we can pull off. Faith, you've done a great job of info gathering!!
K here's the latest:
Actual dates are: August 3rd to the 10th
Meals will be eaten here at the house. We can stick two large tables in the kitchen and feed us all. We have a big grill that could make grilling out while the kids run screaming around the yard very doable.
Also the YWAM was very definitly nixed so I am looking at the hotel across the street from us. It's like a 30 second walk. Depending on it's state of livability, it could be a great option. As far as housing goes, we are looking at for the Fusons, Nat, And possibly, depending on the status of raw sewage at his house, Uncle Rick. Unless he wants to live in his hammock?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home