Flights to Germany HELP
OK now that everyone has gone except me - I'm calling out for help. In scheduling my flight for the beginning of Sept they seem to run between 1200-1300. Does that sound right? Any airline, travel-to-Germany tips or prep you'd recommend?

4 Comments:
That price seems like about double of what I paid for a ticket in November of last year. I suggest you try to get a ticket that is straight through if possible (unless the idea of a little layover in London gives you a thrill!) Take shoes that you can do a lot of walking in. You will walk more in a week in Germany than you have in the last 5 years here (unless your name is Elizabeth Fuson). It's good to fly out of Chicago at about 6 p.m. because that gets you to Munich - if you go straight through - around 9 or 9:30 in the morning. Just the getting back to the apt., settling in, going out for a little walk to check out the neighborhood, etc. helps get you on German time and downplays jet lag. Don't worry about the language, especially in the city, everybody speaks "a little" English which we would consider "a lot". So happy for ya, Babe! You're gonna love it!
prepare for the TIME OF YOUR LIFE!!!
adn I think mom is right- proximity to Oktoberfest might be the cause of that. i think my ticket was like $800
this makes me want to go somewhere...anywhere!
Ah, Faithie, I think you're right...Oktoberfest begins in Sept. doesn't it? Check with Matthew for the ending date and see what the prices look like for after that.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home