"Ricky is 57 today!

Cuteness is as cuteness was......and he was an adorable little boy! Never was there a little guy who was so kind and loving as my little bro - attributes that live in the Big Boy. Thankfully, he acquired a full set of choppers which he retains to this day. I believe he might not have worn a bow tie again after this pic was taken......the world's loss no doubt. Just want to take the opportunity to wish you a Happy Birthday Rick......you are the best brother I could have wished for and I love ya with all my heart!

2 Comments:
woohoo! love those lashes! abi wd appreciate the toothlessness...
Happy Birthday Uncle Rick! Love your wittiness, your creativity, your openmindedness...Prost to YOU.
Cindy!?!
I blush!
I remember now, I was 11 years old before the whites of my eyes came in. Until then I looked like an unsouly terror, as evidenced in this photo.
I received Mummer's voice message just after I descended from another hair-raising hike/climb in the Columbia River Gorge. (GoogleEarth-Ruckel Ridge) It's especially nice to hear a message like that when you're sitting, mission accomplished, on the tailgate, knees and toes aching from a 3700 foot descent through some of the finest topography on the planet. Oh, the celebratory shot of bourbon helped, too.
I don't understand 57. How can this be? I know I've clock-ticked my way to this point, but, I swear, give or take a little this and that, I can barely acknowledge more than about 35 of those years. Time stopped somewhere along the line and I just stopped aging. In three years I will be, legally, 60. Welllll .... that is just downright absurd! It sounds like one of those giant whoppers any politician will tell you so he can get into office and thrust his face into the money trough.
I sort of remember this guy in the photo. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be alive today if he hadn't had a sister. He did get those two teeth, though one of them is slightly chipped now. Not bad for as long as it has, purportedly, been there.
Thanks for the awesome post, my Sistah. I shall attempt phonage today, once I join the ranks of the newly conscious.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home