Mexico City
I am hoping that what I see as computer gibberish above this post will automatically turn into pictures. I did what it said to do and it showed my pics had been uploaded but ya never know.... Anyway, I'll take a chance and describe them. We had one day of seeing the sights before we left Mexico City and the Pyramids were suggested to us so we headed off north of the city to see Teotihuacan. It turned out to be a massive city site that was settled by three different Indian groups. So Dad is about to take the first step of many to climb to the 250 feet to the top of the pyramid which is the 3rd largest in the world. In the second, he's at the top and an another pyramid is in the background. It was quite a building accomplishment considering that they didn't have any of the labor saving equipment we have today. In the last shot we see that the Mexican love of graffitti is not restricted to buildings, even the flora and fauna get their share!

13 Comments:
they did have one advantage that we dont have today (at least for the most part, in the U.S.):
SLAVES
massive numbers of free laborers really helps these sorts of big building projects along
Loving the Aloe Vera graffiti! Did you scratch "J+C = True Love" into one of those? You should...
Chad's right. Man, I'd really be able to finish up a few projects with 4,000 slaves.
Still though, the engineering is amazing.
i like to see through your eyes
I think it is kind of crazy how people in Mexico had the same big idea to build a massive pyramid as the Egyptians. I'm guessing the Egyptians built their's first. Is there any chance that the Mexican's got their idea from the Egyptians?
zach, the answer to your question is found if you do some UFO research.
You'll find that all this pyramid stuff is linked to UFOs.
That is all I'll say.
In History of Architecture, we learned that this form of construction(heap of rocks, or rocks heaped on earthen mound/stuff) occurs really all over the world and is simply the earliest form of monument construction. Funny, but the idea of space inside a form came much later. It's true the pyramids contain rooms but only as storage area for "filling", they don't function as space for any type of regular activity. This concept was first given to us by aliens.
matthew is right on
and somehow I forgot that nathanael worked on some secret u.s. government projects regarding aliens (he still won't talk about these projects)
notice how nat is absent from this comment thread? he actually isn't allowed to discuss anything about pyramids because of his work with the government and aliens.
Yep, leave it to the human-beans to pile up a bunch of rocks and call it architecture....it's a wonder any alien would want to be associated with us...
absent.
Nat, your secrets are safe with me.
Klaattu Borada Nikto!
I was going to comment, but I am just not funny enough for this thread.
J+C= True love.
Now that's funny.
Enlighten me, what's so funny?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home