Sunday, November 30, 2008

First Snow


The view into our Hof
(Hof can mean: courtyard,backyard,farmyard,court,driveway)

25 Comments:

Blogger Nathanael said...

aahhh snow.

12/2/08, 8:25 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

We can only look on and ...drool...although we see snowmen decorating the front doors of houses on the way home, it just doesn't sync with the air-conditioning running in the car, ya know?

12/2/08, 8:44 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

We can only look on and ...drool...although we see snowmen decorating the front doors of houses on the way home, it just doesn't sync with the air-conditioning running in the car, ya know?

12/2/08, 8:44 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

How could we help you out? Let's do something! Bethany or Holly - I suggest for you to send your parents one of those giant frontyard blow-up balls with motion winter sceneries, you know?

12/3/08, 2:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suggest making a snowball and packing it in dry ice and shipping it express. Spendy, but well worth it. It could go right into the freezer upon arrival.
I'm a genius!

12/3/08, 6:32 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Would love a snowball via air but our freezer unfortunately is only the size of your average inbox sitting on someone's desk. Let's hear it for Mum, aaaawwwwww.......

12/3/08, 7:07 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Would love a snowball via air but our freezer unfortunately is only the size of your average inbox sitting on someone's desk. Let's hear it for Mum, aaaawwwwww.......

12/3/08, 7:07 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Help...Help...I...I...can't...can't...stop...stop...repeating...repeating...myself...myself

12/3/08, 7:09 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Europeans do everything so well. I never knew a veiw of the backsides of people's houses and roofs could be so pretty. Is that a glass roof in the very back? Amazing!

12/3/08, 8:13 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

for what its worth, the back of our house looks like crap.

12/3/08, 9:39 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Faith, I am not sure but I think those are solar plants.

12/3/08, 9:53 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Yeah, but Matthew, look at those little dormer windows in the foreground and the chimneys (as opposed to a sea of satellite dishes)and the different colors in the roofs ... you've got something going on there.

12/4/08, 6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faith.. I'll give you a clue into keeping urban areas and towns beautiful that the Germans have discovered: GOVERNMENT REGULATION

Did you vote for barak?

12/4/08, 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chad speaks the truth... many cities (Heidelberg, for example) put laws on roof colours and materials. Is that great or retarted? I don't know...

12/4/08, 9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that one thing I missed when in Germany was the "hillbilly aesthetic"

you know, the whole thing where you buy a few acres, throw a shack or trailer on it, a few chickens and a goat, and a few cars on blocks behind it.

not that I want my house to be a hillbilly house but it sure is refreshing to see someone just enjoying their liberty

12/4/08, 11:40 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

"Beautiful by law" or "Ugly but free"? -Don't make me chose a side. And I looove them hillbillies.

12/4/08, 12:57 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

Hillybilly Heaven is okay for a season. We truly have all of what Chad described plus the addition of mangy dog packs and washboard roads. I do have to admit that I like the freedom but there are drawbacks too. Such as having no recourse for the loud banda music, howling dogs and cars with no mufflers at 11 p.m.

12/4/08, 1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"loud banda music, howling dogs and cars with no mufflers at 11 p.m"

hey that sounds like our neighborhood! except we have the lovely addition of random gunfire as well!

12/4/08, 1:45 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Why is it that freedom is expressed through ugliness? or laziness? Hillbillism is selfish. Everyone's got to look at your crap 2 acres yet you don't care enough to consider cleaning the place up. Come on people!

Down with Hillbillies.

12/4/08, 1:51 PM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

I think there is a distinct difference between hillbillys and red necks. I think hillbillys have some order to their log shacks and have a few things going for them. Red Necks are proud of their disgustingness and like to flaunt it in people's faces.
We have both in WYO. The other day I saw two trailers- one had a horse eating the insulation out of the side, the other had flowers and sage artfully planted in an old watering trough.
There's a difference.

I still don't know which camp NASCAR belongs to.

12/4/08, 2:22 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Apart from the trailer aesthetics, what again is the difference between rednecks and hillbillies?

12/5/08, 2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rednecks, I have often found, inhabit a wide range of socio-economic strata. Hillbillies are usually at the lower economic scale with fewer opportunities and live in very depressed areas.
For rednecks, taste is sometimes a matter of choice, often choosing rotten eggs over a nice, juicy, TVP steak. Hillbillies eat the neighbors cat they just ran over because it's the only protein available this week.

I could be wrong. There was that time in '78, ...

12/5/08, 6:45 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Ok, redirect anger at 'rednecks'.

12/5/08, 7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of only available protein - Chad are you still eating out of the 50 lb protein bag?

Bethany

12/13/08, 3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep we still eat the stuff. you figure 1/2 cup of it equals 2 pounds of ground meat when it is hydrated, so it takes a long time to go through that huge bag!

its called TVP: textured vegetable protein. I'm wrapping some up for levi for christmas cause I know he loves it so deeply.

12/13/08, 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home