Friday, October 17, 2008

SECURITY!!!!!!

We talked about changing the blog so that it would be a Family Eyes Only site (I don't even know if that's possible) So my question is: "Is it?" Who in cyberspace can see/comment on it?

37 Comments:

Blogger levi fuson said...

right now everyone.

we might be able to lock it down, not sure though.

l.

10/17/08, 9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we could do it easily, but why?

10/17/08, 9:43 AM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

we can definitely lock it down. we just have to put in everyone who is "allowed" and then whenever we want to view it we have to log in first, just like when we log in to comment.

all the girls talked about it while on vacation and gave it a thumbs up.

laura

10/17/08, 10:47 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

What's the reason behind 'securing' the site? I'm not following...

10/18/08, 12:24 AM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

i'm going to let mom answer on this one..
laura

10/18/08, 3:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I get it either. I don't see it as out-of-line to consider, but I am curious as to what the seed thought is.

10/18/08, 7:26 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Thanks for the input guys. The thinking was that it would be a place where you could "let your hair down" and not have to be concerned. Sort of a round-the-kitchen-table-discussion atmosphere. Most might not care to have that broadcast from the front porch to everyone passing by on the street...I'm not pushing for anything. It just crossed my mind that we had talked about it but never came to any conclusion. So, what do you think?

10/18/08, 8:46 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

The caps and exclamation points were maybe a little overdoing it (but ya know dull posts don't get any attention...tee hee)

10/18/08, 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I haven't put my hair up for years. I wonder, am I holding back? If I was, and then stopped, the only people it would matter to would be you guys.
Of course, none of my peers (assuming I have any) would be likely to shop for entertainment around these parts. I'll go with the group on whatever decision. A few other convivial friend sites I frequent require signing in. It stinks at first, and then it's just a mild pain in the keister after that.

10/18/08, 10:50 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Keister - ya gotta love that word.

10/18/08, 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. It was a conscious choice.

10/19/08, 6:34 AM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

I'm fine with securing the blog if there are any concerns.

10/19/08, 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

does anyone specifically want this blog to be secure? so far everyone seems to say they're OK with it but no one has really come out and clearly said "I really wish this was secure"

anyone?

10/20/08, 11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling no divine inspiration. My hair is down.

10/21/08, 6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea lets just skip the whole idea (no offense mom)

it doesn't seem like anyone really cares that much. plus, either me or levi will end up having to do the work (for no reason)

10/21/08, 7:40 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

No problema guys, I was just wondering... :)

10/21/08, 9:06 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

It was nice to have that decided without even having to post!
(I don't mean that sarcastically, I really didn't care.)

10/23/08, 7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea i figured the lack of posts was a vote "no"

all the more reason to vote for obama because a vote for obama will keep MCCAIN OUT OF THERE saints help us

cmon faithy its time for all this mccain nonsense to end. tell that to ron too. time for you guys to join the ranks of truth and goodness.

heh heh nothing like political flaming on a blog to clear one's head in the morning

10/23/08, 8:37 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

When is the election?

10/23/08, 10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._presidential_election,_2008

nov 4

holly is an election judge for the republicans. hardcore eh?

but im not voting republican. neither are ron or faith.

10/23/08, 11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually I would love to secure the site - sometimes yah just want family schtuff to be just that.

Bethany

10/23/08, 12:06 PM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10/23/08, 10:02 PM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10/23/08, 10:02 PM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

Chad-

Dude, was that really necessary? Online sarcasm doesn't show so I couldn't tell how serious you were or not. But, could I request we please just respect each other's political differences in this family and not try to persuade? We are all smart enough to come to our own conclusions.
Anyhoo, I am happy to do the "work" to make the blog restricted. I was in one before and know how it works, if enough people want to do it.
laura

10/23/08, 10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah I'm just messing around.. didn't mean to offend you Laura. My wife is hardcore republican and we mess around like that all the time but I guess in a blog comment it looks a bit more ruthless. sorry about that

10/24/08, 6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"just respect each other's political differences in this family and not try to persuade?"

I can agree to the first request, but the second, no, I'll keep trying to persuade. (but i'll try to avoid the sarcasm thing)

10/24/08, 6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I never thought I'd have Republican family members. The only thing that never changes is that everything changes. My shoes are wet from my bubble bursting.

10/24/08, 6:58 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Change of mind here. Mum votes for fam-eyes-only if our Turkish Princess is willing to take on the massive, extensive, grueling, long-drawn-out process of changing the blog. She's a Trooper!!!!!!

10/24/08, 9:27 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Unfortunatly this year I am still under 30, which requires me to vote for Obama whether I like it or not.

If only I was born before 1980.

And I'm sure you will love the way people have turned "Obama" into "Obamination before the Lord."

now that's gospel truth right there.

Laura- are you guys going to mail in your vote? If that crosses a personal line, don't answer- I was just curious how it would work in Turkey.

10/25/08, 7:57 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Chad's greatest challenge in life is to see if he can convince me to change my mind. ha ha. he knows his power! Yes i am voting rep. but i have concerns about everyone running p and vp. you have to respect obama's style...makes you trust him just listening. love it love it, just wish he had a few different views. sorry to let you down UR, but actually chad thinks im libertarian??? I just want you all to know that the touchscreen is for deaf and blind people, and they have no plans this year to get rid of the paper. dont ask me why we cant jump fully into the 21st century?!?

10/25/08, 8:24 PM  
Blogger Nathanael said...

Obama for president. He's the best ever. I love how some feel he's the next Christ and then some the Anti-Christ. I think he's a black guy who would do a decent job. I feel honored to be the post that finally pushes us into the 30's!!!

10/26/08, 5:48 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

Just keep those cards and letters coming ... this could be the post that takes us into the .... 40's !!!!!!

10/26/08, 7:40 PM  
Blogger levi fuson said...

this is a funny post. i agree with chad... we should and will always respect one another's views but to debate is to attempt to change your opponents mind on the prevailing subject. I have no niave thought that anyone of you WILL in fact, change your mind, however... you never know.

cause, as you all know...

I am always right... :)

11/2/08, 9:18 PM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

I thought a debate was to present your own ideas, or to simply present facts: not to change another person's mind, but to inform them of all facts in that they can make up their own mind in a more informed way.

of course Levi, even if you are right that will never change MY mind!

that right there is a joke.

11/5/08, 5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, mon petite niece, a debate is certainly to argue convincingly your points so as to persuade, at least those observing, to your side.

11/6/08, 4:06 PM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Oh. So I should get my non biased facts only information from the news? I'll try Fox. :)

11/10/08, 3:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would certainly do better with the BBC.
I suspect FOX to be no deeper than infotainment.

11/14/08, 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home