Friday, November 14, 2008

In case you missed it

There was an shift in the CHristmas exchange that happened awhile back (dig deep into the blog posts ;))  wanted to confirm everyone had the update as follows:

OK, Beth here -

Let's try this as the update:

M&M have Zach & laura
Zach and L stay with Nat
Nat has Faith and Ron

And I was thinking we could all send Mom and Dad a "butt" shaped ornament. They've always kicked, been a pain in, pinched or diapered one...What, no takers?

B

Happy shopping/crafting

17 Comments:

Blogger mummers said...

If it's destined for the Victorian tree it will have to have a little lace on it somewhere....

11/14/08, 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got that everybody? Your butt thing requires a little lace on it.
But, then, how is that different from any other Christmas?

11/14/08, 4:37 PM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

We got it! We are on it! Matthew and Marissa have ALREADY sent us stuff for German Advent! We are so thrilled!!! Fun fun fun.
laura
p.s. We will send a pic shortly, we have already found a branch, and hung everything up. We are a bit early, can you tell we are excited?

11/16/08, 10:54 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

I have to admit, I'm chomping at the bit to entwine my white lights in the ivy over my bookcase --- and it's not even THANKSGIVING!

11/17/08, 11:07 AM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

I say do it! Why not? I mean enjoy! I'm holding back because I have orange stuff everywhere which would clash with my christmas decor, but the day after thanksgiving it is ALL going up!!! Also, they have a German school here that has a big bazaar next week, with advent wreaths, mulled cider, advent calendars, etc. Matthew, Marissa, any recommendations of what I should look to buy? Special christmas cookies that are yummy,,,,etc?
laura
p.s. Those cookies you sent were over the top deh-lish! They were gone in 2 days. Sigh.

11/17/08, 12:16 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

I would buy the soft brown "Lebkuchen". - Why don't you just buy out the entire bazar and sort through everything later in your apartment with the help of an online dictionary? Mulled cider btw sounds great, but it doesn't sound German to me.

11/18/08, 3:17 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

It must be the school friendly alternative to mulled wine, which is very German.

11/18/08, 7:17 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Hopefully we'll be able to fit some of that yummie stuff in our suitcases, too... 4 more weeks, I can't wait!

11/21/08, 3:52 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

marissa - please tell me that you have room for the Christmas-Eve-burning-sugar-cube-over-the-wine- thing. i am dying to have a glass of red wine - have been very good about avoiding it since it riles my reflux condition - but am going to take a grand leap off the diet over the holidays!

11/24/08, 12:11 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

were doing the echt deutche wein for the kimballs thursday...yum yum. i don't know what im doing though so after the fart turkey , i need lots of prayer yall!

11/24/08, 6:44 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Holly, I am forever thankful for that one Thanksgivig that we were able to spend with you. It needed to be special (and the fart Turkey made it allthemore memorable to me) as it has to count for many to come. I don't think that we'll be doing anything special, Matthew has orchestra on Thursdays and our only American friend is busy, too.

11/25/08, 5:16 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Cindy - we won't leave here without our "Feuerzangenbowle"-equipment.
Apparently the Technical University here is doing one publicly with a giant flame and a 7 foot high bowl in the inner city by the river! Isnt't that crazy?

11/25/08, 5:21 AM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Check this out, this is it:
http://www.muenchner-feuerzangenbowle.de/impressionen_00.htm

11/25/08, 6:07 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Did I hear him correctly that there were 9 THOUSAND litres of wine in that huge vat? Wow....

Thank you, thank you, for the promise of a Feuerzangenbowle!!!!!(although it will be one of much humbler proportions, we will enjoy!)

11/25/08, 11:46 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I heard a small Italian drowned in the bowl last year...

11/25/08, 1:11 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

What a way to go.

11/25/08, 1:12 PM  
Blogger Marissa said...

Thank you, Bethany, for managing the "Christmas list"!!!

11/25/08, 11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home