A routing point for everything Balon related. THE BALON BLOGOSPHERE!!!
(or kingston, kimball, fuson, schreiner... you get the picture)
Monday, June 29, 2009
I haven't forgotten.
Father,
forgive me for being the lamest son ever, Happy Fathers day. What is happening in this family??? I'm doing event planning stuff and some building while the band takes some time off this summer. I'll send some pictures soon. Are we all doing Thanksgiving?
Nat, you always looks so cool and kind of funny at the same time. I kind of laughed when I saw your picture. It just reminds me of the 70's. In some ways I wish I could be as free as you, but in my current environment it probably wouldn't be kosher. Maybe the Turks would dig it though
I've never looked as strange as I do in this picture, my friends were dying laughing so we had to take a pic. We bought this hat at a grocery store in the middle of the desert on our way back from a camping trip in Slab City. It's supposedly the last free place in America where people live outside of government, police, rules etc. It was the most amazing/peculiar places i've ever been. It's the place in the movie "into the wild" where the guy meets the girl and goes to the open mic night. I didn't know that place actually existed but it does and I played at that open mic! It was wild.
There's just something about the hat, the expression on your face, the endless road reflected in the sunglasses...boy, one could wax eloquent on that one for a long time.
Checked out the site for Salvation Mountain, near Slab City. Crazy! I envisioned Slab City similar to the Motorhome scene in Independence City...am I close?
8 Comments:
Are you starring in Little Miss Sunshine 2?
Also, I dedicated a little online photo thingy on my blog to all the men in my families... check er out!
Bethany
Shoot, its on my facebook - look for the smilebox thang!
B
wow crazy. love your creativity-you astound me.
Nat, you always looks so cool and kind of funny at the same time. I kind of laughed when I saw your picture. It just reminds me of the 70's. In some ways I wish I could be as free as you, but in my current environment it probably wouldn't be kosher. Maybe the Turks would dig it though
I've never looked as strange as I do in this picture, my friends were dying laughing so we had to take a pic. We bought this hat at a grocery store in the middle of the desert on our way back from a camping trip in Slab City. It's supposedly the last free place in America where people live outside of government, police, rules etc. It was the most amazing/peculiar places i've ever been. It's the place in the movie "into the wild" where the guy meets the girl and goes to the open mic night. I didn't know that place actually existed but it does and I played at that open mic! It was wild.
What did you play?
There's just something about the hat, the expression on your face, the endless road reflected in the sunglasses...boy, one could wax eloquent on that one for a long time.
Checked out the site for Salvation Mountain, near Slab City. Crazy! I envisioned Slab City similar to the Motorhome scene in Independence City...am I close?
yeah, it's as post apocalyptic as it gets.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home