"Oh, the weather outside is frightful...."
Just got in from outside and my cheeks are feeling like little icicles are turning on and off. But we' ve made our first foray into the drifts that keep piling up. Your dad's philosophy is that if you keep at it, it won't be so heavy to lift (nor will it give our little snowblower a heart attack). However, it does mean that you must do it and do it and do it...... The storm means that I won't be going to school today. I still feel the thrill of a "Snow Day" even if I'm 62 and even if there aren't any little kids to celebrate with me anymore! I've already "played" out in the snow so the next thing in line will be hot cocoa and perhaps a few rounds of Boggle with your dad. We're supposed to have 5 more hours of this so I'll have to get in some "staring out the window" time too. What is it about falling snow that is so intriguing? And how is it in your corners of the world?

9 Comments:
It's my understanding that half the country is enjoying the same trevails as are you.
It's cold and sunny here in Portland. Some of my favorite weather has blown through here in the last week. That sharp bite in the air, coupled with sunshine, just sends me over the top. Of course, any sunshine here at this time of year is welcome. Seeing stars at night is an added bonus. The rain is expected to return soon, though. No surprise there. I had hoped for a little snow, but I suppose there's still time this year. Maybe you could share some of your bounty?
our life didn't change that much since I work here and the kids have school here but I did have to shovel for 4 hours! I think we got 1.5 feet or something but the real issue was that in the city there is nowhere to put the snow. The snowpiles are about as tall as me in some places cause everyone uses the same 4'x4' patch to pile up the snow.
Chad, you need one of those awesome, big torches that highway guys use to stick down the crosswalk lines to the street. You could just melt the snow, let the water run off and then dry the sidewalk with the torch! Man! I'm brilliant!
Rick you read my mind! I have totally been thinking of lighting a fire in our steel firepit holder and just slowly moving it down the walkway between the houses. There are some 3 foot drifts there that I haven't tackled yet, and I wouldnt have to shovel at all then!
rick, there is a large, large box on its way to your house in the mail....beware if it is dripping. Remove and open on your lawn asap. Hee hee.
And now I live in fear.
I got stuck trying to ram my van through the one patch of unplowed snow in my alley--to no avail...three short mexican neighbors shoveled me out in their dress pants up to their hips in snow. I felt so bad...Abi considered it a trial of her faith since we were headed to a gymnastics party...which we did make and the girls had a ton of fun!
Ha ha, good story.
It's 50°F and sunny over here. Unusual weather for this time of the year... But we are enjoying it!
We're back to 48 F and sunny, too.It's great living in OreGermanony!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home