Surgery. Ugh.
Hey all, wanting to just ask for your prayers. I'm scheduled to have surgery next Tuesday to have my thyroid partially or completely removed. While pregnant with Josh I discovered a goiter (well I just thought it was a bump) on my throat. We really truly believe God WANTS to heal it, and are praying for healing. But after prayer, fasting, and a supporter who provided the extra moolah to cover costs after insurance does it's part, we felt a move to go forward with surgery. But I'm grateful either way, to be done with it and move on. I'm a bit nervous to be honest...a bit scared actually. I've heard recovery is painful from some and not so bad from others. Mostly an extremely sore throat and wonderful liquid diets for a couple days, woohoo. So will keep you updated on what happens!! Thanks, laura

6 Comments:
Ice cream will be your friend. They do have ice cream there, don't they? As I understand it, that procedure is not uncommon and has a very low risk rate. You should be howling at the moon in no time!
We'll be "winging them up" on Tuesday for sure, Laura, with a special request for the "not so bad" recovery plan. We'll be with you in spirit!
Wish we could be there to help watch the kids or make you some smoothies! Love you and hope the very best!
We're with you all the way and feel sure you will be one of the "not so bad" ones! We will pray and pray that everything goes smoothly and the liquid diet will be short lived.
You fiend!! Complementing dieting WITH pain removal. I can't believe your multitasking powers!!!
We will be praying too ;)
How are you doing??????????
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home