Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I have found the homeland

Check out this link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balon

Our homeland people. This is huge. That village is called Balon. Don't you understand. This solves everything.

Who will go? Who will go? We must meet our ancient ancestors there.

7 Comments:

Blogger mummers said...

Hmph....5% Slovak population....the minorities don't fare well in that part of the world. Y'all can just send me postcards.

8/17/11, 2:08 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Hey, i met alot of friendly Hungarians in Romania...

Wow. This is AMazing. We have our own village!!! What a cool idea to search the name!

8/17/11, 6:36 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

to keep it interesting:
http://www.progenealogists.com/hungary/church.htm

http://webtv.feratel.com/webtv/?design=960&pg=7F98D269-5DFE-4FC9-99BF-97B5D8DA821F&cam=7075

1920 United States Federal Census
Census & Voter Lists

View Image
Name: John Balon
[John Balen]
Birth: abt 1886 - Hungary
Arrival: year
Residence: 1920 - city, Wayne, Michigan off of ancestry.com

8/20/11, 9:57 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

ok sis, the second link is a complete mystery to me: 4th wine festival in Gyor?

Second...are you sure on that date? The census for 1920 also has a john balon in cook county, illinois but the birth date is 1883?

i wd be interested to hear what the balons wd comment if you put your comments on fb...Zachs too...

8/24/11, 6:56 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

Don't forget that the spelling was originally B-A-L-L-O-N.

8/27/11, 6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to Slovakia to get to the bottom of this.

9/24/11, 9:03 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

Someone needs to get o the bottom of that mustache. Hols, Gyor is supposedly the village - who knows which Balon, Balllon, Balen is whom? I have NO IDEA on the dates. But dadly, I girl I met from Slovakia told me that truly the name Balon has no relation to dancing at all. Yes, closer to Ball or Balloon or "filled with hot freakin air"

10/3/11, 6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home