Here's our life in a nutshell....
I'm going to continue Laura and Matthew's trend- thank you guys for starting this update!
Since January, when Ron was forced to resign, our lives have been in the blender. We moved last minute to a double wide on the Cowboys With A Mission base, but we both had to resign from the board of CWAM to be able to live here. And because we now live outside city limits, Ron had to resign from the town council.
So pretty much all the strings holding us here felt like they had been clipped. Now, we still have beloved friends, and the Moms Together group and bible studies, etc. But we felt like a hot air balloon that had finally been let loose of it's moorings.
As you can imagine, losing career, home, and purpose in such a terrible and hurtful, unbiblical way has been really tough on Ron. He's really feeling some of the pressure of being the family provider without knowing how he was supposed to provide. It's also made him question himself in good ways- how to handle stuff like this, what is the Lord and what isn't, better future discernment on "the kisses of an enemy", and if pastoring is really a good fit for his gift mix. All good questions, but hard to face at this point in life. We have this house until June, which is coming so quickly! Please pray that the door would open before us, and we would follow in the way He would lead, even with how to treat all the people who have hurt and wronged us.
I felt almost an instant relief when we moved to this "house in the country" and I truly feel like God is leading me beside still waters and restoring my soul, making me to lie down in green pastures. It's unbelievable. I still get angry when I hear accusations made against Ron, and I am still so so sad about what happened to the people that we love here, but overall, I've been able to let go a little easier. And I really have this faith, this tender hope, that we are moving on to something bigger and better for our family.
Caleb (5) is doing great. He is huge, the size of most 8 year olds, and is a mix of sensitivity, dreaminess, and bullheadedness. He had his first kindergarden visit yesterday and loved it! He is really smart, is loving to wrestle right now, and is trying to figure out how social things work.
Noah is a fat little linebacker! He is tough as nails, but so delightful- his sense of humor is so natural. He also can be very ornery and strong willed. Just yesterday I saw him jump off the playground on top of a kid that he thought was doing something to Caleb. He loves his big brother!
Eli is sweet sweet sweet. He is super relational, which can be hard for me. I like to stick em in a swing while I do my thing but he just is not into that. He wants held. He wants eye contact. And if he doesn't he will scream at the top of his lungs! Mom taught him the army crawl when we visited WI and he has been slithering around everywhere!
The dogs are the dogs and the horse is fine. I ride as much as I can which isn't very much, but I am trying to find a bit of balance in my life. I love so many things and want to do so many things that it is really easy to feel discouraged that I am not out there achieving all these goals and dreams that I have.
I simply, absolutely, fanatically cannot wait to see you guys in August. I believe that I will have great things to tell you about what happened and how the Lord worked in His own incredible way in our lives. I love yous guys.
ps. I know the placement is weird on all the pics and videos, but I just kind of threw a selection in there. I hope you guys can view the videos and it doesn't take forever to upload.
Since January, when Ron was forced to resign, our lives have been in the blender. We moved last minute to a double wide on the Cowboys With A Mission base, but we both had to resign from the board of CWAM to be able to live here. And because we now live outside city limits, Ron had to resign from the town council.
So pretty much all the strings holding us here felt like they had been clipped. Now, we still have beloved friends, and the Moms Together group and bible studies, etc. But we felt like a hot air balloon that had finally been let loose of it's moorings.
I felt almost an instant relief when we moved to this "house in the country" and I truly feel like God is leading me beside still waters and restoring my soul, making me to lie down in green pastures. It's unbelievable. I still get angry when I hear accusations made against Ron, and I am still so so sad about what happened to the people that we love here, but overall, I've been able to let go a little easier. And I really have this faith, this tender hope, that we are moving on to something bigger and better for our family.
Caleb (5) is doing great. He is huge, the size of most 8 year olds, and is a mix of sensitivity, dreaminess, and bullheadedness. He had his first kindergarden visit yesterday and loved it! He is really smart, is loving to wrestle right now, and is trying to figure out how social things work.
I simply, absolutely, fanatically cannot wait to see you guys in August. I believe that I will have great things to tell you about what happened and how the Lord worked in His own incredible way in our lives. I love yous guys.
ps. I know the placement is weird on all the pics and videos, but I just kind of threw a selection in there. I hope you guys can view the videos and it doesn't take forever to upload.

7 Comments:
Sorry this was so poorly written! Not exactly reflective of being raised by two school teachers! :)
Oh dear, didn't we tell you??? We're not grading your posts anymore honey....
It's the content that counts. A-plus, I say. Your heart is in your words. You are open to the change that is coming. Your spirit is reaching upward. You are in position for uplifting. What more can you do?
I wish the videos were available for viewing. Maybe it's just temporary.
Oh that's irritating! Not you, of course, uncle Rick who says just exactly what I need to hear, I mean the videos! It took me approximately 800 hours to upload all those things.
oh please try again! we want to seee!!!!
Wierd....I saw them right after she posted them with no problems...something new for me.
Of course, they are now "currently unavailable". What are they really trying to say?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home