Friday, January 12, 2007

Dream Dream Dream

Okay, don't laugh at me, but I wanted to ask a fun question and everyone can give their answer, like a get to know you game. So, I'm curious to know, WHAT IS YOUR DREAM VACATION? Let me know, and tell me why.....
I'll go first haha! My dream vacation is Prince Edwards Island in Eastern Canada, to go where Anne of Green Gables was taped and see the pristine beauty!
p.s. Deep down I realize none of you will say Turkey, but oh that would be great cuz you could come visit us and fulfill a dream!
Laura

22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why the heck NOT Turkey? Tons of history, culture and FOOD. That's all we Balons crave. Although with the boys there might need to be some skydiving or something. Could that be arrranged? Also shopping and a beach.

Personally, I want the Mediterranean. Sun, Great architecture, beautiful leather handbags. Although Faith did take care of the handbag craving this year...

1/13/07, 7:05 AM  
Blogger holly said...

my dream vacation would be to visit all of you one by one! You never know C could snag an RV one of these days! Although I love to have a good reason to go to an exotic land ive never been to before Laura! I would love to visit you. XXXOOO

1/13/07, 8:15 PM  
Blogger Chaddo said...

my dream vacation is an RV, unlimited gas money and time, and the open road for weeks and weeks.

oh, and the RV needs a satellite Internet connection, and it has to sleep at least 12 for all the kids we'll have plus anyone we happen to pick up along the way.

1/13/07, 8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You probably need to take Uncle Dave along so you can come back with at least 3 breakdown stories.

1/14/07, 5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and room for your parentals chaddie...jEk

1/14/07, 4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mine is a 'round the world trip, revisiting some places and DEFINITELY hitting a lot of new spots. Europe and the British Isles (all of 'em ... canal boating, anyone?), Norwegian fjordlands, the pyramids, Malaysia, India, Cambodia, Nepal (if possible ... the Chinese are being a bit nasty there now), one more scoot around Taiwan, Japan, at least one of those sexy Pacific islands, Mayan and Incan ruins (Machu Piccu ... by foot, please!), a little Carribean time (Margaritaville is a state of mind), Belize ... No, I don't want much. Ultimately, probably looking for a final spot to molder.

1/16/07, 7:40 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Oh I'm with Uncle Rick! Unlimited time and money to simply go where the wind blows. There are so many places to see and cultures to digest. Missions gives you a taste, but usually it's skunky water and you don't see the highlights. (can you imagine spending a month in Peru and NOT seeing Machu Picchu?) Wouldn't it be fun to just plan as you go??

1/16/07, 8:50 AM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

Kouts. Nuf Said.
zach

1/16/07, 9:02 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

Oh, Laura Girl, I'm with you, PEI all the way. It must have been those beautifully filmed scenes from Anne of Green Gables. Makes one salivate. But that trip would be the appetizer to be followed by the intensive, expensive Continental Tour. Europe in all it's flavors has been calling me for years. The quickie trip in '98 was wonderful but cruel in it's brevity.

1/16/07, 12:54 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

I have to say the Mayan Ruins are a deep seated craving... But then, Uncle Rick, why don't you just set the plan and Faith and I could blather around with you and BR. Hold on - BR where do YOU want to go? Maybe ze' leetle French patisserie...

1/17/07, 5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sure, Beth, I'm trudging out through our rare snow to buy that lottery ticket right now!

1/17/07, 7:33 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

By the way, where the heck IS Bethrobin???? Is she not a part of this family, like it or not??? (Um, her, liking it or not, not us) Where is her voice, her heart, her quirky sense of humor....her cookies, no scratch that last one, don't want to ruin a good Christmas thing. BETHROBIN, PHONE HOME !!!!! OR AT LEAST POST A COMMENT !!!!

1/17/07, 12:27 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

U.R, If we're doing dream trips, a dream lottery ticket is perfectly acceptable. Time to shovel... Speaking of - it is coming DOWN as I type. All of our non-existent Christmas show has finally showed up! So pretty.

1/18/07, 6:06 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

I'd loved St. John, where we went on honeymoon. I would go back there in a heartbeat. It's strange but I think about the island all the time. Something about it really connected with me in a way that I don't really understand. Has anyone else ever felt that way? It's kind of a lonely place. Maybe it just apeals to my introverted side (which would be about all sides). I never thought I would get such a kick out of the Caribbian but there you go. Other than that; Agean Sea + Sailboat, St. Petersburg, Prague, Italy.

1/18/07, 7:50 AM  
Blogger levi fuson said...

alaska....

nuff said.

l.

1/18/07, 2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also fell in love with st. john.

prague, istambul, norway, mozambique, back to cambodia for life.

Nathanael

1/18/07, 11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Matt, there is this thing that happens when you travel with your mate. Whenever BR and i go somewhere we both like, we try to figure out how we could survive there. Something about totally stepping outside of former reality sparks the fantasy world.

1/19/07, 7:09 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Nat you should visit Norway. Marissa and I have a friend there and she's always trying to get someone to visit. The thing is, since they're not on the Euro, their currency is doing really well. That makes everything exspensive. Beautiful, but exspensive.

1/19/07, 2:30 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

blasted Kroners...

1/19/07, 2:31 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

Beautiful pesos.

1/21/07, 6:11 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

And if you really wanted to see Mozanbique they are running a special that would make owning the country very affordable right now.

1/24/07, 8:23 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

"Clean-up on Aisle 4"

1/26/07, 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home