The first day of school
Monday was the day.
This week is really more of an orientation week for me wheras Marissa has hit the ground running. There are only 15 of us starting this term (for Intertior Architecture) so everything is rather small and close-knit. We each recieved our own drafting desk and locker in the Interior Architecture Hall which is really cool. As you know, our apartment is on the small side... I have a very intensive course load with things like: Art history, Drafting, Statistic, Model Construction, Housing Systems etc.
I'm looking forward to getting down to the nitty-gritty next week.
So far, so good.
This week is really more of an orientation week for me wheras Marissa has hit the ground running. There are only 15 of us starting this term (for Intertior Architecture) so everything is rather small and close-knit. We each recieved our own drafting desk and locker in the Interior Architecture Hall which is really cool. As you know, our apartment is on the small side... I have a very intensive course load with things like: Art history, Drafting, Statistic, Model Construction, Housing Systems etc.
I'm looking forward to getting down to the nitty-gritty next week.
So far, so good.

28 Comments:
Bro that actually sounds fun. Who knew that college could be enjoyable. I wish we could have made things, but what would we make, an ark?
zach
I would like to post some pictures of us on the Oktoberfest, but I can't since we don't have our own DSL yet and we have to rely on public PC-pools. Hopefully our phone and internet will be installed in a few days...
Other than that I can only say that BAVARIANS ARE CRAZY!!! And I am loving it!!!!!!!
München is a pretty place and my new school is absolutely fantastic.
I can't wait to see pics- you guys sound really content. That's good to hear.
I always loved the start of school, sharpening my pencils to a deathly point, decorating my locker, figuring out where all my classes were....
Then I would go to my very first class, the teacher would start talking and it was all downhill from there. I would try and forget everything over the summer and then repeat the process.
I think I would have loved college though. Just so diff from the dungeon of hell called highschool.
From a movie:
Teenager: "I just want to go to sleep and wake up when I'm eighteen. Just F*** it all."
Suicidally depressed uncle: What? Think of all the suffering you would miss! You're in the prime years for suffering!"
Teenager: "Yeah Ok, you're probably right."
ANy art projects requiring a Bundt pan?
who would have know that you also would enjoy being a southsider! Crossgot (or whatever that phrase is)
A small class seems right up your alley bro, nicht? Sounds inspiring. You wouldn't want to have to eat on your drafting table, so that's good. I made pretzels the other day and thought of y'all. Chad thought he was soaking his in salt water (not baking soda water) so those weren't so great...dreams of echt pretzeln!
I have to say though, as much as I like Bayern, that their Brezeln are simply NOT as good as the Schwäbisch version.
Matthew, Dad read me your daily schedule and I immediately wanted to take a nap. Wow! A LOT of classes but most of them did sound interesting (except that Statistics one - will be sending the NoDoze overnite express...) Marissa, what are your classes? How does this work for you? Do you have to take some that are similiar to those you have completed or are your classes this year all new because the school has different requirements? It's so great that the schools are so close to your apartment.
Cindy, the classes I'm taking this semester are quite different from most things I've done before, because the educational standards in Bavaria are higher. Most of my old credits did transfer, but there is still so much that I have to catch up on, especially when it comes to linguistics. This term I am mainly taking grammar/syntax classes, I'll work on my writing style and I also have to learn "Middle High German", the language of mediaval litterature. Why? I don't know. But so far, everything I've done has been very interesting, but it is costly.
Do you mind my asking why it is costly? I thought your tuition was free. No?
No Bundts yet. Our first project requires us to make life size "Transformers" costumes out of cardboard. If you search Youtube for Transformers videos you can probobly find the one that inspired our Profs. It's pretty amazing.
The video is called "Real Transformers"
For some reason my head translated:
a lot of work = costly
So what I meant was that it seems like my classes are more intense / more work than the ones at my old school.
I understand. Costly in terms of the amount of time it costs you to do the work. I am finding some of the things I want to say in Spanish just don't translate exactly the same. Es muy dificile!
that transformers video is amazing!!! It seems incredibly difficult to design something like that.
Our idea is transforming Pope Benedict into a canoe.
Fantastic.
That hat will make a heck of a prow.
exactly!
WIll it give you an egde to float him in beer?
We're trying to find a tank big enough. Beer IS a nice touch though, up untill now we'd been thinking holy water.
matthew, I am laughing so so hard
My R.C. roots are cringing a little. I would feel oh so much better if I knew "he" would be laughing so so hard too if he had access to our blab.
Mon, are you being real? You are truly concerned about what the pope would think if he read our blog??
In defense of the pope, I'm sure he doesn't have much choice in terms of his outfits, headgear, etc.
And isn't he German? Mamacita - he might even lovingly treasure a photo of himself floating in the beer rapids after a rough day with the sinners...
He IS German, Bavarian to boot.
I am laughing again
I am SO out of touch - how could I have forgotten that he's GERMAN???? Of course, he'd be LOL,
(Bavarians strike me as being the jolliest of the Germanic tribes...)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home