I got robbed.
I just found out this morning that my philadelphia house was vandalized this past week. Some crack addicts busted my basement window out and then cut out all the copper and brass in my house. Needless to say the plumbing isn't really existent any more. This wouldn't be a huge deal if I was living there but since i'm not my insurance won't cover it and I'm out 7K. Even that isn't awful but i'm supposed to close on friday on a deal that has taken two and a half months to put together and now it might be done. Please pray for me because i'm a little down right now.
Otherwise, my mini trip to LA has been really encouraging and I now have a place to live for a while and some possible work. Musically there is going to be a lot of work so i'm thrilled.
Nathanael
Otherwise, my mini trip to LA has been really encouraging and I now have a place to live for a while and some possible work. Musically there is going to be a lot of work so i'm thrilled.
Nathanael

7 Comments:
Nat, your Dad and I prayed this morning for you. You are in a little bit of a situation like Joseph at the bottom of the well. We know that we have an enemy who wants to rob, kill & destroy, and we also know that we have a God who redeems every situation and brings good out of evil. We are asking for doubling of blessing for all that has been lost, not just financially but in your heart. That this situation would show you His provision and faithfulness in a measure you've never experienced. Don't give in to the temptation to focus on the situation, focus on who God IS. I can only think there is a destiny waiting for you that is great, like Joseph's, for the enemy to be running so scared that he's scrambling to distract you from it. Sending all our love to you right now ...
Awful! It's really sickening what people are capabale of.
You are in our thoughts and prayers and we are excited for your future. I'm glad to hear the L.A. trip went. Much love.
Nathanael - I think your Mom is right and once this awful nightmare of a house-selling-process will be done, life will be much better. Wait it out.
We are thinking of you every day and we miss you.
Who needs indoor plumbing? ;)
Picky househunters.. Momand Dad could probably teach them how to "bucket and dump".
After talking to you yesterday Levi reminded me of when we moved with the house unsold - how our pipes were freezing, the realtor couldn't seem to drag potential clients up our luge- I mean driveway in January and the non-stop problems we incurred . WHHHAT??! It was a distinctly horrible time. But it ends. And remember how faithful God was? (I'm reminding myself) Months after that debacle - we had $12,000 cash offered for our disposal.
It will come together. And we love you.
you got robbed coming and going from philly....doesn't leave to great an impression on the observor. What was your fav part of living there?
I didn't know there was a big market for brass and copper. Weird.
something this mindlessly horrible usually does mean something really really great is coming.
I can't help thinking LA will be that.
New word on the street is that through a small loophole the insurance is in fact going to cover it! I also was fortunate to line up all the repairs and have the house completely put back together for closing on Monday. For those of you who don't know, having your house replumbed and drywall patched and window replaced in three days with no notice is a miracle. Please pray my house actually closes on Monday!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home