Organizing Christmas
What do you guys think of doing an exchange by family? I like the idea. If we did $50 per family/couple/kids? Nat could get a really nice gift besides that's his love language anyways. If I don't hear any definite "no"'s I'll just do it and post. As far as us having a lot of kids--they are good to go with dollar store stuff--they get a lot overall. One last note, I think mom and dad should be out of the exchange so we can all give to them. Tell me and tell me quick people, Its september!! :-)
This is Holly posting using Chads login because I can never remember mine.
This is Holly posting using Chads login because I can never remember mine.

23 Comments:
I always support plans that provide me with great gifts so i'm in!
Yes, Dad and I think it's a GREAT idea that we should be out of the exchange so that ALL OF YOU can give US large, expensive, over-the-top gifts, lavishing upon us the love we never received as parents...
er, well, I kinda think about some sing too.
First of all, eyes was kine of thinkin Bether's was organizing all of dis, but masebee I was wrong.
So, I like this idea because last year I think we shipped stuff to 4 different places because of all the nieces and nephews.
I just wonder if $50 is enough. I'm thinking with kids, this would be kind of hard. What about $60 or $75? If this is getting too costly, I understand, but those there my thoughts.
zach
As far as I understood we were doing a person-person exchange, with everyone buying for the kids and mom& dad. I was just slacking on getting the name email out. Sorry guys. If we want to change it, no biggie. Chad, did I skip your email addie? I feel like a re-re, did I miss something?
that post wasnt me writing, it was holly, she just used my login
im up for her $50/per family plan. get the kids something from the dollar store... they won't notice and they'll just leave it in the yard after about a week anyway
the family idea sounds good, just that i would prefer something "nice" for the kids,,,sorry to be a pain, but it would be nice if isabelle got something like a new shirt or pair of pants, or cute toy or book. that is just my opinion! i'm with zach, maybe $60 or $75 per family? of course whoever gets us needs to buy light stuff and minus some for shipping ha ha!
laura
One thing that does need to be considered is our family overseas who will have to pay postage on different boxes going to different places if the person-to-person exchange is done, whereas, if it is family-to-family, there would only be one box. Just something to think upon ...
Just talked to Beth...she sd people hadnt been so keen on the family idea before, so we need EVERYBODY's imput on the family idea before we set in in stone. So Rick & BR, Faith & Ron, Matt & Marissa--Talk to Us!!
BR's out of town for two weeks and I'm going into Opera Zona Non Grata (same time period). Not sure how we feel about this. Cheez, it's only September!
I'm up for family to family. caleb doesn't need any gifts so that's more for us! Ha Ha! Actually a book or clothing for him would be perfect. I'm trying to stave off the volcano of toys in the corner of the living room that I know is going to have to happen at some point.
I think 50 to 75 would be more realistic in what I will actually end up spending, but maybe not everyone has that much to spare.
chnkle: us kids have had the custom of starting plans early bcuz we like to make things and penny pinch as much as possible for maximum gift impact. Also the overseas people prob will need an early mail out in nov...only 1 1/2 months to tool a belt!!!
unfortunately the family I get will be receiving used drumsticks, a dvd about the kmher rouge massacre, a blowup mattress, and some floor padding. I also have a used wrist brace I need to get rid of. these are the items I won't be taking to LA so you'll probably be receiving them in a few weeks. I also only found happy birthday wrapping paper so you're just going to have to imagine its for christmas.
Who's going to be the lucky family????????
submliminal message to beth and levi, come visit for christmas
Okay, who the heck is "Subliminal Message"? M&M?, Z&L?, N?, R&BR, fess up, unless you want to be the appointed family for Nat's Christmas Extravaganza...
I have something really important to say. for me, whoever has me, listen up and listen hard. All I really want is sweet tarts. I figure if you spend about $25 on me, that should be around 50 sweet tart rolls. That should get me to mid january.
all I can say is Levi knows who I am
is it zach or laura who needs sweet tarts
Sorry we've been pulling the 13 hour red eye shift over at the factory and haven't had much time to post. Anyways, We would prefer to buy for a family over person to person. For us the postage is really a consideration. I mean, it kind of sucks when the postage cost 4 times as much as the gift. In any case, Marissa would prefer to spend $50- and I would prefer to spend around $75-. This would be excluding Mom & Dad. We would like to buy for them seperatly. Voila, our two cents. We are flexible and prepared to go with the flow.
Mr./Mrs./Ms. "Subliminal Message", I'm vibing you are beyond the family circle (because my brother would have converted the Subliminal to Subchunkle)..Where are you S.M.??? Cali? Come forth and be known!!!!
Yeah before I give you an internet slap down.
Nat , Cedar is sooooo excited. He really wants your gifts. I want the Khmer R. DvD to arrive broken please. Also, maybe your empty wallet...we're doing budget training for 5 yr olds. He's a little einstein.
Sweet Tarts: Zach
Sweet Tarts: Zach
Sweet Tarts: Zach
Sweet Tarts: Zach
Nat, nice to see you're in circulation again. How many times has the wrist brace been used? Would you say it's in 'fair' or 'good' condition?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home