Apartment Shopping




Matthew - "Well that place wasn't as bad as the hell hole we saw this morning."
Marissa - "Which hell hole?"
After much searching online we decided to go to Munich and check things out first hand. The good news is; we have found an apartment. Yay! It's about the size of a toaster but it's relatively cheap and in a great location. It's also about three blocks from the fairgrounds where the Oktoberfest takes place each year so that's definetly a perk, right?
Other than that we've begun shopping for school clothes as you can see.

31 Comments:
These Balon boys! All about the nekkid!
Or at least the love of shirtlessness. My God, you'd think they were Schreiners!
Matt, don't get caught in a rainstorm in those lederhosen. Unless you want to sing soprano.
they were surprisingly comfortable I have to say...
matthew you are such a hottie
Well, Sweeties, I guess the good thing about having a small apartment is that it won't look empty after you unload your modest little suitcase of household stuff! (Give the bundt pan a place of prominence!)
Matthew, do they have any liederhousen without the straps? The straps look a bit warm.
Thank goodness the buckles cover your nipples or 'covenant eyes' wouldn't have let us look at the pictures.
It's all about strategic buckle placement.
I don't think nipples, though merely decorative on most men, should be chafed in the name of the spiritual "comfort" of others. What does your swimwear look like, Matthew? (Not the "German" version!)
Ist zat naht a bier garten I zee you een?
i agree with buckle cruncle rick, no nipple chafing allowed, for any reason.
freedom people. its all about freedom
So, can you give us an address? I'm Googlearthing right now and three blocks from the giant Rocktoberfest grounds covers a lot of hood. Are you N-S-E or W of the grounds?
I see a good-sized park to the west, a sort of grassy square to the east, Munchen rail station to the north and a freight yard to the south. I take it you go to sleep with the sound of train whistles in your ears.
Kazmairstrasse 24
80339 Muenchen
Toot-TOOOOOOT!!!!
eh?
alles klar
Just to the east and southeast of your place is a rather wild looking collection of buildings that feature one building with a curved wall footprint all the way around, while the other buildings all conform to the east side curve. What the heck is that??? It's about a block or so east and chic as hell.
That my friend is the "Theresie". It's this whole new complex built with "young professionals" in mind. It's shops and cafes and offices and apartments. Most important feature; it has an Aldi.
aldi brings us all together
OK, I'll bite. What the hey is that?
You don't know Aldi?
I'm mourning the absence of Aldi's.
I kind of thought "What the hey is Aldi?" would have been enough, but let me be more specific.
What is Aldi? I do not know what Aldi is. I believe there is no such thing where I live. If it has to do with coffee, we don't need any more.
So ... any answers?
aldi sustained our existence for 18 years. We have eaten everything in that store multiplied hundreds of times. "Fruit Rounds", "Corn Squares" etc...the best of no brand foods and hails a birthplace in Germany.
www.aldi.com
My Lord, I'm so relieved we are back in the land of Aldi's. All my groceries at 1/2 the price.
Has anyone tried the asian noodle bowls? The big YUM. Frankly now that they are carrying wine, I've noticed Levi is way more willing to grocery shop...
The German Aldis also carry generic hard-ish liqor which is always so entertaining to me. It's like, "I'll take that bottle of Mc Faileys Irish cream with my bag of Tastey Buddy corn snacks." Germany also has many other super cheap grocery store chains similar to Aldi (in case anyone was dying to know).
Let me explain that from a German-Valparaision perspective not knowing Aldi is like not knowing Target or Walmart or Starbucks (they are right nextdoor to A. in Valpo at least).
does Deutschland's aldi still have "little man" brand cereal?
Not that I know of.
Uncle RIck, that was fairly tortuous for you- are you still talking to us or are you sending us mail bombs?
Homeland security is tracking your mail bomb comment right now.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home