Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Surrounded in piles of randomness

It's gotten to that brutal stage in the packing.
Do we really need that bunt pan?
Can we go without toiletries?
How many T-shirts will fit into the pockets of the leather coat I need to wear onflight due to the lack of space in the checked luggage?
We are rapidly approaching the pitch everything phase. There's a table by the street with "FREE STUFF" written on it. I've done at least 79 trips to that table today. Restocking. The garage sale was a big success however. We made twice our goal money-wise and were able to get rid of a lot of the bigger items. Nat along with Holly & Chad came out on Saturday and set out their wares as well. The Wolfes and Van Hooks came over Sunday afternoon and we all sat out on the porch and administered the low-balling clientele. It was really fun just hanging out and having lunch together. The prices gradually dropped as the cooler of beers became increasingly empty. Fun was had by all.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now THAT would have been a fun event to attend. I love a good cleansing! Plan one later this month, m'self.

7/4/07, 7:01 AM  
Blogger mummers said...

I really like the concept of garage sale/party, just like Mary Kay, huh Beth? --- making money while you're having fun! Load up that table out front, Matthew! If the guy down the street can put broken bicycles and 1948-vintage vaccuum cleaners out in front of HIS house for free, certainly your treasures (be they ever so humble at this point)should find good homes with the curbside shoppers of Valpo. Wish we could have been there .... missing you already and it's only the 4th of July, which as you can tell with my being on the blog is not quite the holiday it is at home...

7/4/07, 12:35 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

You always know the end of the sale when you say "Sure you can purchase the Bathroom Ducks, but only if you take the vacuum cleaner bags..." Or the "Just fill-a-freakin bag for $1" kicks in.

I have to say I'm feeling a little weepy about this move. It's seems more permanent. When Laura said her final good-bye at Mom and Dads, it was the same. This IS such a big deal. It is difficult knowing that we won't have the same abilities to just run and see each other ;( I wish I could just BE there to hug you one last time and maybe have Afton poop on the floor again. Just to watch Nat's face...

But it is TIME for your blast-off. You two have waited and prepared and been patient as priests. What you are walking into is such an extension of what God has built into you both. I could burst with pride every time I tell my friends about what you two are doing. This is your time to shine.

All my love - tears-hugs and kisses. Marrissa you are a joy and a gift to our family, just because you are far away in locale, know that we hold you tight in our hearts.

7/5/07, 7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel so blessed by your coffeepot guys...waking up to the smell of my java! Thanks for all you gave and letting us tag team with you. You are brave to make this move and face what you know and don't know will be there. Wir lieben euch!

7/6/07, 9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Du fehist mir ihr.

does that make sense?

7/7/07, 1:30 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

We have landed. Everything has gone well apart from one missing suitcase. I'm (Matthew) traveling to München tonight to try and weasel my way into taking the entrance exams there even though I'm missing some neccessary paperwork. We shall see. Much love from the village,
M&M

7/8/07, 4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I SLEPT WITH THE SAUERKRAUT ALL LAST NIGHT AND DIDN'T FIND IT UNTIL JUST NOW!!!!!!!

7/8/07, 10:31 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

This is Marissa. I just got a call from Matthew in München. He said that he got lucky, he can participate in the entrance exam at the Academy of Fine Arts. It starts tomorrow at 9 (that's 2a.m. in your time) and goes on for 2 full days, practical tests like scetching etc. on Tuesday, interviews and orals on Wednesday. He says that only 22 people got invited, including him. Isn't that something? He is top dog!

7/9/07, 5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a champ walking in some serious favor. If only I could place a tub of potato salad under his pillow to congratulate him.

7/9/07, 1:37 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

Sauerkraut, Nat...sauerkraut. He's in GERMANY, Land of Giant Pretzels and Dirndle Skirts. (By the way sie sprechen Deutsche sehr gute!)

7/9/07, 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to work in Matt! Alles ist in das Handes Gottes oder etwas wie das. :-)

7/9/07, 7:24 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

That and there is a reason you are "butt-less" - you have worked it off, my brother!

I'm suspicious of Nat not noticing the smell of sauerkraut all night. Hmmm...

Go Matthew GO!!!!

7/10/07, 9:42 PM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

PS Was that the suitcase with the bundt pan in it?

7/10/07, 9:43 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

"All is in the hands of God or something...(Hols, fill in my blanks) I'm always in translation mode these days.

7/11/07, 4:41 PM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

This is all the German I know.

Have a Toberg beer. It's vundaba.

z

7/15/07, 1:06 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

As it turns out our suitcase was delivered to the village the other day. Bunt pan and all.

7/15/07, 4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home