Friday, July 20, 2007

I'm a Short-Timer

This morning, not having a lot on my plate, I did a comparison of temperatures for the next 10 days in our various locales. The verdict? Let's pack our bags and head to Germany which will be enjoying a lovely average temp of 78* whereas some of you living in places like Ankara and Meeteetse will be frying breakfast on your car hoods ... Please tell me, Zach & Laura, that you have air-conditioning SOMEWHERE in your house ... even so, I predict that Zach will be skyping bare-chested in the coming week.

Stay tuned for next week's hot topic: "Operation Scars - The Inside Story"

13 Comments:

Blogger  Larky Park said...

I'm not sure, it is paradaise here! Are you ready for a long-held secret of the North? It may look uncomfortably warm to the rest of the world, but our secret is...

It's BREEZY!!!!

Decadent, skin-tingling, "should I bring a hoodie-looks like cloud-cover" sunny gorgeousness. We've had the ac on a few humid days, but the rest has been windows open curtains a -blowin' perfection...

Hey, where are we at in comparaison latitudinally?

Hey aren't you home in 4 days????!!!

7/21/07, 5:46 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

OK, checked it out and GB overlaps the bottom
1/3 of Germany. I'm sure there is a beer comparaison out there too... Hey, does anyone have a computer new enough to support Google Earth trial? Thought it might be cool to zoom in on our houses around the worldt!

7/21/07, 6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll all want to post addresses (of course I don't have them all in one convenient place) I've noticed that Google Earth shows the house next door as our address. Our house isn't square like the three houses to the west and it has a big deck in back. And, yes, the lot IS that skinny!

7/21/07, 9:38 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

It has been lovely here but very rainy, like raining everyday rainy. Google Earth? Look in the southwest of Germany for Heilbronn. Zoom then look for Bad Rappenau. Zoom and then look for Furfeld. There we are, beim Schiesshaeusle 1. Yes, the village is that small.

7/21/07, 10:58 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

We zoomed in but a migrating flock of gnats covered our town.

Just kidding, we're there.

7/22/07, 10:06 PM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

So we have avoided being in Ankara for two weeks, because we were in Istanbul for a week and now we are in Bulgaria. Today is bloody hot and tomorrow it is suppose to be 108 degrees. So the plan is to stay inside and never leave. the only tricky part is that we begin our traveling tomorrow which includes jumping on a 12 hour train, then a taxi to the airport in Istanbul, flying to Ankara, jumping in another taxi and cruising all the way back to our house. I sense a brain tumor coming on.

7/23/07, 2:32 AM  
Blogger levi fuson said...

lol zach, i remeber those types of tempatures, except in was in the US, so i'm sure there is probably a lot less AC there. whew!

levi

7/23/07, 6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

zach please post some bare chested photos to the blog

and do tell of the turkish freedom from deoderant on your train and bus rides

7/23/07, 2:01 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

I was trying to remember if I always looked this shiny everyday in the Midwest - your father very compassionately calls it a "glow" but let's face it - high temps + high humidity = new car gloss... am very encouraged by the forcasts at home. "Tomorrow, tomorrow,... I'll see you tomorrow ...

7/24/07, 10:20 AM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

Yes, so we are melting over here. It makes us just want to stay inside and do nothing. Thank goodness for our swiveling fan. What a glorious invention.

Chad, speaking of bare chests, I just went to Bulgaria and yea, they are everywhere.

Lord help us

z

7/27/07, 4:11 AM  
Blogger wyofaith said...

Bare chests? How about Large Russian women with bare chests on the beach.
That seems so European!

7/27/07, 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Faith. I've had a hard enough time sleeping.

7/28/07, 5:34 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

Or large American men with breasts. Eating a Big Mac and a 72 oz Big Gulp . With cheese curds. And a pabst BR to wash that all down. That seems american...

7/30/07, 6:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home