Sunday, August 19, 2007

Has anyone seen...

The movie "Sweetland"? It's a rental and it is soo good. For anyone of Germanic or midwest roots. Or both. Transporting and dare I say it - tender.

3 Comments:

Blogger mummers said...

The Lib has it. Am going tonite to see if it's checked in.

8/22/07, 2:16 PM  
Blogger mummers said...

Okay, Beth, did or did not the female lead remind you our own dear Marissa - dark, curly hair, thin, attractive? The only word of German I understood was "scheist" (sp??). It showed me how really courageous those women were to come all the way across the ocean to marry someone they had only written to and also how small-minded a small community can be. Thankfully, it did show them changing in the end - I love those happy endings that aren't forced but ring true.

8/29/07, 3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we watched it last night, pretty good. Loved the landscapes and the whole mail order bride thing is just wild. Very touching story, to me. The double framed story could have been shown in just 1 frame rather than a frame within a frame, I thought (the middle aged grandson of our present day was a pretty flat character).

8/30/07, 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home