I landed
I just wanted to let everyone know that after five days of endless pavement, guitar hero, snowstorms, gaudy las vegas waitresses, chic denver lofts, lbs. of candy, gallons of tea, I have arrived in LA.
A routing point for everything Balon related. THE BALON BLOGOSPHERE!!! (or kingston, kimball, fuson, schreiner... you get the picture)
25 Comments:
There is a collective sigh of relief being heard around the world...Glad to hear that you are continuing the family tradition of eating one's way through ennumerable bags of candy - that and strong tea can keep you awake for a long, long time ... you will now need to proceed directly to detox. :)
Detox? I recommend Sauerkraut.
I'm sorry, am I missing something? One can perceive of detox in L.A.? Where, more toxic, can one go?
I wish you all the best on this adventure. Why, again?
chic denver lofts??
to Rick: this is my first time in toxic LA and I'm here for music.
to Chad: We hung out at a musician friend of mines for a few days.
We all know the purge-ative powers of saurkraut. IE: all the balon side uncles farting their way through christams eve. Or the never to be forgotton exploding sewer system christmas eve.
Where else can you get memories like these? awesome.
I was just thinking of giving you a buzz to see if you had. yea rah! Hope the magician is treating you right! No disappearing and leaving you with the rent! he haw.
So Funny! I had forgotten about THAT Christmas Eve.
Nat gald to hear you made it.
Bro, It is hard to believe that you are in L.A. Remember when you came and visited me. You probably never thought that you would be back one day to live.
When you mentioned your trip, it brought back all my memories of going to and from school there. I bet we took the same route.
I'll never forget the time I took my blind friend home with me. Great guy, but all he would listen to was ska. I tried changing the music innumerable times but it was to no avail. And then I kind of felt sorry for him, so I just put up with it, but it definitely was the most hellish of trips.
Regarding snacks, I would always grab a cup of ice. I thought it was the best idea in the world at the time, but I would later find out that it was probably chipping all the enamel off my teeth. Oh well, it will grow back, right?
zach
Today in the supermarket I saw a brand of vacum-packed sourkraut called "giggles". Who's laughing? Me.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathanael,
please come to Germany for Christmas.
Yours,
MaPitzka
Okay, what's the lowdown on the place you're living in? Are you and Marc still on speaking terms, having crossed the country together? What's your fav thing about LA so far? Peeve? Gotta flesh out that blog entry, babe.
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marc and I are doing fine, I just don't see him much. I'm living in a 30 unit building that also houses a theatre and art studio. I've learned that artists aren't the cleanliest people in the world. I think the abundance of garbage outside the doors of the units might push marc over the edge! I love being out at 2 in the morning and It not feeling like a ghost town. I am also in awe of how many attractive women make there home here, its unbelievable. I like waking up at ten and playing the drums till 2 and going to rehearsal at 6. I like the sun. I like pursuing my dream.
"going to rehearsal at 6"
are you hooked up with a band that you're rehearsing with? or are you and Marc working on a project together?
I'm currently playing with my friend Phil as Rojo Trio(blues funk). We as Rojo Trio play shows on our own and we back two different singer songwriters. Their names are Shay Astar(folk rock) and Thomas Ian Nicholas(pop rock). I'm currently learning around thirty new songs and my first show with Phil is on tuesday.
Did your own personal blog just disappear into a sea of blackness, Natters?
i've never put anything on my personal blog. I didn't know I had one.
Man, I can't believe you already have a show. I would expect that to come like a year or two down the road. Enjoy the ride.
zach
dO YOU SAY RO-HO TRIO OR RO-JO TRIO? Oops, sorry about the caps lock. WIll you send a recording of your music to us? Like on Christmas?
Maybe title it Ro- Ho Ho?
I praying for your brain and what I'm assuming are blistered hands.
Matthew - I'm sorry. That "Giggles" Sauerkraut name is hysterical to me. I keep laughing a weird little private laugh. Like when I pass the "Piggly-Wiggly" grocery store here...
Okay, you had SOMETHING, Nat, or you wouldn't be listed under the Links on this blog. Was it a My Space page?
At Hattie Smith we used to play this Christmas CD by Ru Paul called "Ho Ho Ho". It was awful.
Yet funny.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home