Thursday, November 15, 2007

First Snow



That's our street taken by hanging outside our living room window, Kazmairstrasse. The snow got me thinking about how spread apart we all are and how we're living in such different climates, on different corners of the world. Faith and Ron had snow weeks ago and Mom and Dad won't have any at all. Anyways, I'm just thankful we have the blog and Skype and e-mail etc. Speaking of which, I believe the blog is now a year old. Cheers.

9 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Kazmair doesn't have anything to do with cashmere, does it? WEre waiting for snow as we dodge the cold rain. Prob the first day it snows, BA will think its her birthday. Course yesterday she thought it was her birthday, too :-)

11/15/07, 8:21 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11/15/07, 8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11/16/07, 12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why does BA think it's her birthday every day?
I looked up who Kazmair was -a mayor of Munich in the 14th century.

11/16/07, 5:36 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

she has no concept of time! also i told her when it snows then it will be her birthday! shoot! i thought you were going to tell me you cd buy really cheap cashmere there! i LOVE cashmere! the words sound awfully close though hmmm....

11/16/07, 8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They do look alike!
I think the word Kazmair would be pronounced something like
"cuts my er" in English.

11/17/07, 7:51 AM  
Blogger  Larky Park said...

Is Van Gogh from there?

Sorry Couldn't resist the lame art joke!

11/19/07, 5:44 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11/19/07, 10:55 AM  
Blogger Zach & Laura said...

Speaking of snow, we are still waiting for it to come. For the next 4 days I hear at night it is suppose to drop below zero, but alas, no snow.

It does snow a lot in Ankara I have heard. We are gearing up, buying gloves, heavy coats and hats. It's kind of fun. We didn't need these back in Portland.

The days seem to pass slowly here. But we are slowly putting more and more things into our schedule.

For fun, I bought a book on Turkish cuisine and so we decided that we would make one Turkish dish each week and that we would make it together. I'm looking forward to some kabobs!

zach

11/22/07, 2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home