Watch me play on Regional Vegas morning show.
We played this morning show to promote a show we're playing here tonight. Forgive the terrible sound and bed head.
Nathanael
http://www.fox5vegas.com/morevegas/14939545/detail.html
Nathanael
http://www.fox5vegas.com/morevegas/14939545/detail.html

12 Comments:
I am the opposite of your band's base player!
Crazy! How wild is that to see you on TV? And to think you were in the village just a few days ago...
How I miss the absolutly mindless chatter of American TV personalities. We were laughing out loud at the blonde, especially in light of our recent conversation on how stoic the German newscasters are.
Tight, tasty. I'm impressed. So much music today sounds whiny and self-involved with trite, effort-free lyrics. Not so with this. Obvious time, effort and talent involved.
Are you and the bass as tight as you sound? Very clean rhythm section there.
And yes, the blonde woman had an unfortunate vocal timbre, but her enthusiasm was genuine.
Keep the bed-head. On you, it works like a monkey on a banana.
The blonde was actually pretty hilarious and we would be joking right up to the point where the cameras were rolling. She is the opposite of German.
Uncle Rick:
1. Do you really think that her enthusiasm was genuine?
2. Is it "bass" or "base"? I am confused with the pronunciation, too.
3. Your Christmas package was awesome! We really enjoyed it and still do. A letter is on its way to Oregon right now.
It's bass for the 4-stringed guitarist and it's pronounced "base." It's bass for the fish and rhymes with that thing that follows all of us around all the time.
Her enthusiasm? I'd say she was genuinely enthused about being near Thomas. Hard to tell if she actually heard the music. I'm sure she's a very nice person.
so now i am curious, what did uncle rick get matthew and marissa? Do tell!
laura
He got me this book about French Literature that I've wanted/needed for a long time. And Beth Robin knitted a hat. I'm wearing it on some of the fashion show pictures. Very cool. Matthew got Julia Child's "French Cooking II" (and has been studying it ever since Christmas Eve). He is actually making "Choux" right now. That's like a cheese puff, I believe.
About the blonde:
It seems to be the disadvantage of a public profession that your character and talent are being measured, compared, judged - by ignorant amateurs like us.
I believe we also sent an unlabelled can of "Dulce de Leche," which might have been a little scary upon opening. However, it is some sweety badness that you can smear on fruit and other things for some flavor decadence. Magically boil a can of sweetened condensed milk for three hours or so and "Violin!" you have an unopened can of gooey goodness.
I don't think that came from Julia's book, however.
Think of it (in her voice, disgusted):
"Boil can in unsalted water for 3 hours.
Open can."
Nat, you sounded great. How early did you have to get up for the early show? And how did your New Years Gigaroo go?
I had to be up at 7:30!!!! I know you working people think that isn't that early but its the equivalent of you getting up at 3 in the morning! I was on another planet too because we had played an 11:30 - 12:30 slot the night before. New Years went well but we were competing with a gangsta rap dj in an opposing room which made for a odd blend of people. All in all everything went off well.
Was I the only one who noticed that Natters was the only one who got a head shot besides the singer? They must like your bed-head too, Sweets! I would like to comment on the "tightness" but let's get real, I know nah-thing about tightness or looseness (I was hoping something would rub off when I went to Front Porch Music to buy Ron's guitar strap, but ... no. We LOVED seeing you, but we love seeing you IN PERSON more than on TV!!!!! Smoochy, slobbery kisses all over your face ...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home