Memories, Like the Corners of My Mind
Don't worry, I'm not going to pay tribute to Barbra Streisand or break out in song "oh misty water-colored memories la la la". But I do like the idea of memories, how they are a part of us, we carry them in our minds, in our hearts. And as one year has ended, and 2008 has begun, I am curious with the following question: What was one of your favorite memories of this past year? Please do tell! Inquiring minds want to know! Okay, so maybe just I want to know. :)
laura
laura

12 Comments:
Self-centered as it may sound, typing "The End" on the screenplay was surprisingly uplifting. At least until it hit home that the whole thing was about 50 pages too long and badly needed rewrite #1.
But still ...
I would have to say when Dad came out to Philly and helped me move back to Indiana.
Having Caleb, which also turned out to be the worst memory. Go figure.
I would have to say the day my parents came to visit us in Turkey. The anticipation and first hugs were amazing. But it ended up being a pretty miserable trip actually, I hear you Faith, I hear you.
laura
Why was it a miserable trip? Did they make you miss home?
One of the best days in 2007 was probably when we celebrated our 4-year-anniversary as a couple. We went to Chicago and saw "The Rite of Spring" by Stravinsky. Afterwards we ate at a French restaurant. It was bitter cold but I have this day in such good memory.
The trip was miserable because they both became terribly ill. We had 3 days out of two weeks with no illness. My mom was throwing upp every 30 minutes at one point. And my Dad was so sick he was hospitalized when getting back to the USA for 3 days!!
laura
Woah, I didn't know that.
I think one of my best memories is the day we found out I had passed my 'German as a foreign language' test. Marissa and I had worked so hard together preparing for it. It was sometimes really difficult working together like that too, but it was worth it. I really felt like we accomplished something great together.
These are all such amazing memories- well except for the sickness.
Maybe I mean such event memories.
My fav memory was all of us (minus bro Rick & sis-in-law BR :( ) in the same country, the same state, the same city, the same house back in Mar or Apr when we gathered at 801 before Zach & Laura left for Turkey. You guys are my favorite people in the whole wide world!!!
Something happened when we move to GB. It felt safe. Like we were going to be alright...
mmmh, that would be on January the 2nd...I know ...pretty early in the year 2007. It was when my mom asked me how I became a Christian, then started to cry and forgaveme for nto telling her earlier :=)It was a healing moment and the best in teh past year...oh well one of the best ones ...
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home